This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling pretty proud of myself

As many of you know, I have found a new place to live. I'm moving tomorrow, and wow! What a clearing-out has happened! I had far more stuff than I had realized, and I ended up donating several items of furniture and an old purse. In the past few weeks, I've brought all my books downstairs and boxed them up, in addition to some kitchen stuff.

Today was the big one. I had to go to one of those huge home-improvement places to buy ten collapsible moving boxes and a big roll of bubble wrap. I'm glad I did. Every single one of those boxes is now in use. I've been up and down the stairs, bringing down everything I could (including the disassembled bed).

The room is mighty bare now. The only things I have in it are the mattress, bedding, two plants, Kittycat and her stuff, and, of course, the computer and table.

Kittycat, by the way, knows that something is up, but she doesn't know what. She's been running around the room, chirping, jumping in the windowsill, and hiding from the vacuum. She's also been trying to get out of the room when I enter or leave it, which is strictly forbidden.

Tomorrow, the new place. Wish us luck!

Best of luck, hope the move goes well and Kitty gets used to the new place quickly
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

It's gone very well. The movers are great; I've used them before. I've unpacked several boxes and discovered that I need at least another bookcase (I've expanded my book collection quite a bit in the past few years), and I need some rugs. This floor is tile, and it's freezing.

I let Kittycat out once I'd unpacked about half of the boxes. She was hiding for some time, but now she's carefully exploring her environment, and coming over to rub against my legs.

This is the first time I've moved here that I actually miss the old place. My former landlady and landlord are wonderful people, and if things had been different (say, if they'd had a separate apartment in the house I could have rented), I would have stayed. As it was, though, between the OCD guy down the hall and the loud, chain-smoking sisters in the room next door, I had to get out.

So, we'll see how the new place is!

Comment

Congrats! My friend just switched apartments so I spent the past two days helping her pack and move things from one apartment to the other. It's been a lot of work but I'm happy for her.
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I got an email from one of my former housemates. He's the one with OCD, and lately, he's been spending a lot more time in the bathroom (he has a hand-washing habit).

He asked me if I had clothes hangers with me when I moved. If so, where did I get them? Did I get them here, or somewhere else? Did I buy them, or were they included when I bought an item of clothing? If they came with clothing, did I buy the clothing here, or in another country? Did I pack the hangers at the beginning, middle, or end of the packing process? How were they packed? In a box, or a bag?

God, I hope he gets help.

Comment

Any reason you can't just block his emails at this point? Guy sounds like a major pain.
            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

This is the only time he's ever emailed me, so I'm not worried about it. He said he's been experiencing anxiety about the issue, and he knows it's bizarre. I doubt that he'll contact me again.

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
                This is the only time he's ever emailed me, so I'm not worried about it. He said he's been experiencing anxiety about the issue, and he knows it's bizarre. I doubt that he'll contact me again.
                Anxiety about your clothes hangers?? Hell, yeah, he needs help. I hope he gets it. That must be an awful way to live.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I can't even imagine how intense it must have been to motivate him to write an email in a language he barely speaks, asking me all these questions. I think he should be put under observation in a hospital, rather than living alone.

Comment

Working...
                  X