This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun with neighbors

This afternoon I was out in the backyard burning yard waste that had collected over the winter and the garden left overs. I kept the fire small and low, and there was enough breeze the move the smoke away. Saw a couple cars drive slowly past in the RV park behind us so I was waiting for somebody to start complaining about it. When the job was about done this old bitty started yelling that we were always burning garbage we were just rude. Screaming that she had called the cops many times and would do nothing about it.
    I do this once a year, there is no garbage just limbs and such. We have a fire pit that we use maybe 3 times in the summer. The neighbers on either sine of us also have them, one of them uses thiers 1 to 2 times a month. The only time that we can't use them is when there is a burn ban.
    The bitty also called the fire department and told them I was burning garbage. They showed up and took a look at what I was doing and left. They barely stopped. He opened his door looked over the fence, waved at me and left.
    Then the yelling and screaming reached new levels, because her (I think who it was) husband started in as well. All I could do by this time was laugh at them. His parting shot was that he was going sue me. What for I'm not sure as I wasn't doing anything wrong.
    We have got advice about what to do if they keep complaining, ask the police if they would like to join us with our religious ceremony. They really don't want to mess with that. So we shall see.
    "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Some people just live to make trouble for others.

If you were my neighbor, I'd bring over some skewers and a bag of marshmallows.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      Some people just live to make trouble for others.

If you were my neighbor, I'd bring over some skewers and a bag of marshmallows.
      And I'd bring the chocolate and graham crackers!

Some people just figure that they have the right to dictate what their neighbours can or cannot do. Frankly, I enjoy pissing those types of people off within the extent that I am legally allowed to. But then I have been known to be a bit of a bitch at time

Comment

All depends what you are burning ... you do NOT want to cook over poison ivy or oleander ...
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

OTOH, there can be issues with someone burning even garden waste. We have people nearby that pretty much every single day that it is hot- as in, hot enough that you really need your windows open- they are burning something in their garden.

but yeah, provided you aren't burning stuff all the time, I see no problem with it. (though I'd warn the neighbours that would be reasonable about it- it isn't nice to get smoke blowing inot your garden)

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
            All depends what you are burning ... you do NOT want to cook over poison ivy or oleander ...
            I didn't burn the brumansia branches, poisonous smoke is not good.
            "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

If it's only a couple of times a year, what's their problem? I could see if it was every week, and the smoke blew over their way, and they had breathing problems, but if not, then it sounds like they just like to make trouble. I've got neighbors like that, too.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
              X