Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COLD! No such thing as too cold, it just isn't possible.

One winter years ago I worked a winter contract in the northern part of BC (near Barkerville/Quesnel)
    That was the most comfortable I have ever been. There was a solid week to a week and a half where the temperature would not register on a thermometer that was outside and went to -45.
    Loved watching the northern lights on that job.

I ever get married, I want to spend at least part of the honeymoon at an ice hotel, like the one that is built yearly in the arctic circle.

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
    I've got a friend who in -20 weather tends to run around in jeans, t-shirt, sneakers, and a wind-breaker style jacket...and complain that she's too hot.
    *peers at KuariKaydrith* I don't think we've ever met, but that is definitely something I would do. Have done in fact, except I tend to wear hiking boots in winter for the traction.

Everyone else around me are summer people who can't understand that above 25C is just too hot.

Comment

I don't mind cold.I've been in Toronto snow in skirt and T-shirt. I don't do hot. Gibraltar was hot enough and that was with airconditioning,full fans and ice-cream all day.
      The ones I don't get are the girls who run round the clubs at 1am when it's freezing cold and soaking wet in things that hardly cover up bits of them.I'm not complaining,but is it any wonder that they're shivering...
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        At a certain point, you really can't get any more clothes on....not if you need to move, anyway
        Fair enough. Perhaps a ski suit?
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          Fair enough. Perhaps a ski suit?
          No idea, I've never worn one. Anything with down and fleece is good, though

Also, just a general comment: Some of us here are talking about Fahrenheit and some are talking Celsius. When you get to a certain point it probably isn't that different, like with below freezing temps. But when I see 26C I automatically think Brrrr!! And then I realize that's actually a warm temp
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Interesting. I dislike hot weather cuz of the mosquitoes. I hate mosquitoes. And bees and wasps and other stingy insects.
            Plus when I go into my car on a hot day it feels like an oven.
            I don't like the dryness of cold though. Or flus going around. -_- But I'll take that over mosquito bites. Did I mention I hate mosquito bites??
            Can't reason with the unreasonable.
            The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Elsa was recently arrested in Hanahan, South Carolina for causing mayhem across the American South. She was attempting to freeze a fountain at Hanahan City Hall when she was apprehended.

I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief now that this dangerous criminal is off the streets.
              Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth Antisocial_Worker View Post
                Elsa was recently arrested in Hanahan, South Carolina for causing mayhem across the American South. She was attempting to freeze a fountain at Hanahan City Hall when she was apprehended.

I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief now that this dangerous criminal is off the streets.
                She got away with freezing a fountain in New York.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                X