Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yes . . . the wrong numbers. How entertaining those were back in the day at the little WD store on Phillips Avenue (NOT.)

The last 4 digits of our phone number were 0288. Local Cable Company had the last 4 digits of 0200. Both numbers started w/the same 3-digit exchange.

Lost count over the years the number of times somebody would answer the phone and it would be someone yelling about their cable service. Nevermind that whoever answered would use the standard greeting "Thank you for calling your neighborhood WD this is *insert name here.* How can I help you?" - they'd start yammering about needing a tech or they had a complaint about their bill.

It got so frequent that if I answered the phone I'd explain to them "Cable Company's number is XXX-0200. You've called XXX-0288. Have a nice day."

I so do not miss that.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I've been working in the seafood department at my grocery store. We share the space with a small sushi bar that's run by a pair of Japanese chefs. Once they leave, what they make is in the cooler for customers to buy. Nothing hidden. I can't tell you how many people ask me, "Do you have anymore in the back?"

Once, I had enough. I looked around. "Back where?" The only other items in the room are a triple sink, a cutting board, and a live lobster tank. They got the point.
      Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Working...
      X