Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once again, the word "no" equals rude to an ignorant SC.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again, the word "no" equals rude to an ignorant SC.

This particular customer managed a double whammy. Firstly by refusing to read the text on his coupon properly, second for trying to make a complaint about my colleague being rude.

The petrol coupon lets you have fifteen pence off per litre if you spend fifty pounds in the supermarket. Pretty sweet, eh? However, the text on the coupon itself reads "one coupon to be used for one transaction on one vehicle only". So basically, you can't call up your wife, your wife's friends, your kids, your kids' friends and that guy you bumped into just around the corner to come fill their cars up and get the coupon to cover everyone.

The SC thought otherwise. Somehow, he was convinced that he could use the coupon to cover three transactions; his, his wife's and his daughter's. I explained to him that no, we could not do that as the coupon said one transaction. He said, "Well, this is one transaction; I'm going to pay for all of them together." I replied, "It says 'one transaction on one vehicle only' which means one coupon per vehicle and you have three."

SC then demands to see the manager. The manager wasn't working today so I told him this and said that I would go and call the store duty manager over. While I was in the office doing that, the SC then tried to get my colleague Sara to put his transaction thru with the coupon covering all three cars. These were his actual words:

"Come on, your supervisor isn't here, so who's going to know?"

Sara said no. The SC fumed in silence until duty manager Craig turned up. Now, Craig doesn't take crap from SCs. When SC started bitching about how we'd refused to let him use the coupon for three transactions, Craig backed us up. Then SC turned tack, and tried to complain about Sara's "rudeness" cuz she refused to put the transaction thru. The very idea is laughable cuz Sara is petite and very well mannered and shy. The way the SC was putting her across was completely out of character, as tho he was describing a cute fluffy kitten mauling him. I was able to catch Craig after, to tell him so and Craig said that Sara had nothing to worry about, he wasn't going to take the complaint any further cuz he was certain it was only made up as a spiteful sideswipe cuz we refused to let the SC break store policy.

SC ended up having to choose one car to use the coupon on, and paying for the others on a separate bill. He swore to never return... yeah yeah, see you next week.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

People don't bother to read, don't comprehend what they do read, and even when they do comprehend the words, they deliberately decide that the words mean something else. Can't win.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      People don't bother to read, don't comprehend what they do read, and even when they do comprehend the words, they deliberately decide that the words mean something else. Can't win.
      It amazed me when I worked in retail how few customers actually understood a concept as simple as "one transaction".

I recall a guy one time who tried to argue with me that "one transaction" should cover the entire time he was IN MY STORE, no matter how much time he spent at the register or how many individual sales were involved.
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
        However, the text on the coupon itself reads "one coupon to be used for one transaction on one vehicle only".
        That line tells me that corporate has had to deal with people doing this:
        So basically, you can't call up your wife, your wife's friends, your kids, your kids' friends and that guy you bumped into just around the corner to come fill their cars up and get the coupon to cover everyone.
        . . . more than once.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

What happens if someone has jerrycans? Does the fill-up of their vehicle's normal tank plus the jerrycans get treated as "one vehicle"? If so, SC should have brought in a whole pile of jerrycans, then filled the other 2 vehicles from the jerrycans.

Also, is there a limit in terms of fuel quantity that the coupon covers? My "other car" has a tank capacity of roughly 1000 litres of usable fuel, so that discount would really add up.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

At least over here, the supermarket discounts cap out at 100-150litres (I can't remember which)
            Anything over that is full price

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
              I recall a guy one time who tried to argue with me that "one transaction" should cover the entire time he was IN MY STORE, no matter how much time he spent at the register or how many individual sales were involved.
              And yet, if they had a "Limit X per transaction" sale going on, they would argue each time they go through the register is a new transaction; probably in the same breath they're arguing the other clause.

For those gas coupons, having a max amount of fuel is probably the sanest way to handle it, though the per car limitation also helps too. I suspect one or two jerry cans could be overlooked, but if it gets unreasonable then they might get cut off.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                What happens if someone has jerrycans? Does the fill-up of their vehicle's normal tank plus the jerrycans get treated as "one vehicle"? If so, SC should have brought in a whole pile of jerrycans, then filled the other 2 vehicles from the jerrycans.

Also, is there a limit in terms of fuel quantity that the coupon covers? My "other car" has a tank capacity of roughly 1000 litres of usable fuel, so that discount would really add up.
                Jerry cans count as one transaction; we might overlook it and let a customer have it with their coupon if they're a nice regular, but definitely not for an SC. Plus, you are only allowed to fill two jerry cans.

Back during the week of panic when David Cameron told everyone to go crazy with fuel, we had loads of customers trying to get around that rule. One guy had a total of twelve jerry cans in his van! Sadly for them, due to that pesky invention known as CCTV, we just wouldn't let them fill more than two cans. XD Oh, the nerve of us, sticking to the rules!
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

im well familiar with how far people can go if you say no to them .....

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=73679
                  We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X