This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
    I get a small discount on my car insurance, and have it deducted straight from my wages. But no, not many perks.
    Are you full-time or part-time? I was not aware of such a perk, and I know we work for the same company.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I used to get 'discounted' gas from the company pumps - deducted straight from my paycheck. (the gas was sold to us at cost, so it wasn't always cheaper, but usually it was.)

This was also cool because our pumps were set to pump much faster than retail pumps, so fillups were quick.
      Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        Are you full-time or part-time? I was not aware of such a perk, and I know we work for the same company.
        Oh, part-time definitely. I didn't know, either. I found out while price shopping, and I was poking around the car insurance website. I just looked at my paperwork, and while it doesn't tell me the actual discount, it says I have a "special group rate" and a payroll discount. On another page it shows the group rate and the payroll deduction as being the same thing. I do not understand car insurance. All I know is that it's cheaper than my old policy. I haven't filed a claim, so I can't comment on their actual service.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          Oh, part-time definitely. I didn't know, either. I found out while price shopping, and I was poking around the car insurance website. I just looked at my paperwork, and while it doesn't tell me the actual discount, it says I have a "special group rate" and a payroll discount.
          Sometimes you can poke around and find discounts from service providers that you might not discover through your employer. We get a discount on our phone service because Hubby's company uses the same provider for all their duty phones. Didn't discover that until Hubs went in to see about downgrading to a cheaper plan and they uncovered that discount.

We also got a discounted gym membership through one of Hubby's former employers, and they've kept us at that rate even though he no longer works there. He only discovered that discount through a coworker who mentioned it was an option.

So sometimes you just gotta shake a tree and see what falls out...
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I'm out of work at the moment but Mr Zel gets:

- all-year PTO buyout
            - 3 parties a year (he doesn't attend anymore, but does like the sentiment)
            - some sort of gift everytime a goal is reached (sometimes it's a cake, sometimes it's an expensive item like, say, a $80 salad bowl)
            - a yearly $1000 bonus
            - a Xmas gift free of choice, value between $100 and $500 (he chose a $200 annual pass for the fun park this year)

Not to mention the additional healthcare + pension package he gets automatically. If it wasn't for the weird work hours (3 x 12 overnight hours, Fri through Sun) I'd actually envy him.
            Last edited by NorthernZel; 03-12-2015, 12:48 AM.
            A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

I have two jobs at the moment.

At the Medicine Hat, I get:
              -20% discount on most store items, sometimes that goes up on certain days
              -Good insurance
              -3 weeks vacation plus another week personal time (been there over a decade)
              -Amount of hours virtually guaranteed since I'm in a union

At The Night Place, I get:

-Free coffee (which is moot anyway since I don't drink it)

And that's it. I stay there because it mostly doesn't conflict with my primary job and it helps pay for tuition. It's not looking good for the overall longevity of the store, though.
              Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

One job I applied for had the delightful perk of a day's paid holiday each year on your birthday

As for perks,why have I not seen a job with the perk of being able to fondle the tillgirls? Please,let me have it.I'll work extra hard for it!!!
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Discounted Cable TV/Internet/Phone, includes a limited number of Free VOD movies per month. I'm paying around $60 a month for services that would normally cost $250+

'End of Year' cook out which is done by the building's managers on up. Includes Steak, Shrimp, Chicken, ,a couple of deep fired turkeys. Since alot of the managers also hunt they will even have some venison on the menu.

Alot of times, we will have the reps for our vendors take us out to lunch.

If the weather is bad, they will bring lunch in for us, so we don't have to go out in it.

They will do ticket give away for employees for local sports, or other events that my company is sponsoring.

Yearly company picnic, that is rotated between places like the Local Zoo, Baseball game, or a local state park.
                  Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                    As for perks,why have I not seen a job with the perk of being able to fondle the tillgirls?
                    Since this is Customers Suck, we're probably dealing with tillgirls who'd want as a perk the right to prepare "The bull won this time" Cojones de Corrida when someone tries to grab a feel. That would probably be incompatible with your request.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I work for a smallish not-for-profit company. So we don't get too many perks, but what we do get is pretty nice.

Company is a member of our state small business association, so we get car and homeowners insurance through this one company, for much less than the other companies
                      Bonus each year, depending on your level, a hefty % of your gross pay. Mine is 10% but is usually 12-14%
                      401K match, 100% up to 6%, plus another 11% of your gross pay contributed by the company
                      Decent amount of vacation; after 15 years i have 4 weeks plus 7 additional days. I have to wait for 20 years to get 5 weeks but I'm not complaining.
                      Flexible time. I'm salaried, but can choose my hours (within reason) and take off during the day for dr. appts etc. I can also work from home if the weather is bad or any other reason, if needed.
                      We can get MIcrosoft Office for our own personal use for $10
                      Fabulous health insurance, and the company pays 90% of premiums.

PT job.
                      50% discount on our clothes, if we use our store charge, 60% on a limited number of items during each new grouping, and 40% using any other payment method.

Comment

Found out we get free classes. Not sure how many yet. I know many would go "eh" to that, but I do like to craft, and will likely take advantage of this. I'm mostly self-taught for sewing, but I had to take a class (at a different place) to learn to knit. I literally had to have the instructor move my hands the first few stitches. I have my eye on a four session quilting class.
                        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Oh that is great!
                          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Office Computer Job

Standard:
                            401k 10% matching
                            Decent Insurance
                            Paid parking [downtown area, so this is quite the perk]
                            Free company branded clothing, bottles, etc.
                            Free coffee [pod based machine] / tea / sodas / snacks / cereal

Extra-ordinary:
                            No set vacation policy [kinda unlimited, but you have to be reasonable - this does mean there is no Vacation debt or liability]
                            No set sick day policy [^^ same]
                            Monthly in-office 15minute massage.
                            $180/month cell phone reimbursement
                            $50/month gym reimbursement [ie 24h fitness is basically free]
                            Catered lunch 4 days a week [Dinner anytime, but people tend not to do this]
                            Yearly 5 day ski trip
                            Expensive noise-canceling headsets [the office is a bit... noisy]

Over the top:
                            Any ergonomic equipment, no questions asked [funky keyboard, sit-stand desk, special chairs, treadmill desk...]
                            Unlimited beer/wine in the office [so far no one has abused this]
                            Very flexible telecommuting [not full time, but a day a week, or for short spans]
                            Very parent friendly, to the point where people just bring their teen+ kids into the office when they are on break [we have a large kitchen / game room where they can be isolated]
                            Every 2 years, the assigned company laptop is gifted to the employee

The Bad:
                            People tend to work.... a lot.
                            Last edited by peoplesuck; 04-13-2015, 04:48 AM.

Comment

My perks? Well, I get to surf this forum during work time when it's not busy. My other main perk is 40% off my internet and TV.

Comment

Quoth peoplesuck View Post
                                The Bad:
                                People tend to work.... a lot.
                                Okay where do you work and how do I get an application? Because I'd work a lot, too, with all those perks!
                                Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
                                X