This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A saying we came up with at work one day

While discussing some things that have gone on at work, I came up with an interesting line,

The knives in my back are the rungs in someone else's ladder.

It's sad but true in many work places.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Where's the like button?
    Seph
    Taur10
    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

And I want to like Javarod's post!
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

VERY good!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I just thought up my own slogan:

This place is a zoo. Who's getting tossed in the tiger pit today?
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

As said to my trainee this week:

"Call in as much as you want, be as lazy and worthless as you can, hell, start a fire or two, but if you cause this place to fail an external audit, they'll gut you alive!"
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

At my place, the saying is: "If it makes sense, it's not allowed!"
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Lace, that is one I've been saying for ages!

At one workplace, after noticing a particular pattern in certain people getting promoted, I burst out with "It's not who you know, but who you blow!" Which was rather prophetic after finding one of the supervisors under the desk of the service delivery manager for the contract...I couldn't figure out why I would be hearing certain, um, sounds at the end of the day when everybody buy myself had gone home (I was going around to make sure all the computers were properly locked).

Comment

At my place... "If assholes could fly, this place would be an airport."
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I've been watching DS9 lately, and this seemed relevant... Oh god, I'm a dork.

Rule of Acquisition # 211: Employees are rungs on the ladder of success. Don't hesitate to step on them.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

You're not a dork. I often say to people who ask that mom and Gma just don't have the lobes for business.
                      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Be careful of whom you step on when climbing the corporate ladder to success. You never know who you'll meet on the way back down.
                        cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Cindy, I've heard a variant of that:

The toes you step on on your way up the corporate ladder may be connected to the ass you need to kiss on your way down.

I recently saw a cartoon of birds perching, comparing them to corporate structure: Those at the top looking down see shit. Those at the bottom looking up see assholes.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                          X