This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete waste of time

ugh despite the guy being rude this guy actually really pisses me off and I will explain why.

So his wife couldn't be bothered to come down to the store herself and sent her husband to get two printers. He has no idea what she needs beyond printing color. So he buys 3 printers at random, and gets nothing with them at all. The next day he returns all 3 printers unopened saying that his wife wants to pick out her own printer.

This shit is a giant waste of time. we're not even talking me taking the time to get him the one printer he hadn't already grabbed or the time to purchase then return the printer we're talking about what happened after.

Let me walk you through how this goes. First off when you are returning something electronic we have to open it and check everything is there and that the serial numbers match. I don't care if you never opened we have to do this, it's called my job. Now the cashier doesn't do this checking, a tech associate is called over and has to do it. Next the cashier has to fill out paperwork on all three printers and put them in the data wipe queue, it doesn't matter that you never opened them, they left the store and have to be data wiped. Next the tech has to check all three printers for any personal data and clear them out and then repackage all of them.

After that a manager has to sign the sticker on the product itself saying it's been resealed and on what date. Then finally the product is sellable again and one of us tech associates gets to put it back for the next dumbass customer who will argue or ask for a discount because "it's been opened."

So frankly fuck you. fuck you fuck you.

I'm not bashing people who's needs change or change their mind or something like that but situations like this where basically if this guy had had a clue or the wife had just come in it could have save us a lot of payroll time. Especially when we didn't end up keeping a cent from this person at all as far as I know.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

And this sort of moron is EXACTLY why Restocking Fees were invented!

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      And this sort of moron is EXACTLY why Restocking Fees were invented!

Flip side to open box returns: the next person buying that same item gets a really GOOD deal.

That's how I got my last laptop . . . it was already on sale for $399 and the Bent Staple store had one that had just been returned the previous day (sale started on a Sunday, I went in on Tuesday evening) and got an additional 15% off the sale price with it being an open box return.

I inspected the content of the box along w/the sales associate and confirmed that everything looked intact (none of the plastic seals were broken open) and I was on my way w/my brand new Toshiba in roughly 10 minutes after I set foot in the store.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

we don't discount open box items. you still have full warranty and return policy. When something is returned unopened we put a sticker next to the upc so we can tell but still.
        Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
        Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Working...
        X