Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what's going on with this? It's been over a month. Did anybody cook?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I am guessing not. As this was the first one, and even I didn't cook anything (shame on me!), I am going to extend this one through the end of July.

Now, someone cook something, damn it! (That includes me, the idiot that thought of this and didn't follow through on actually doing it.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        I am guessing not. As this was the first one, and even I didn't cook anything (shame on me!), I am going to extend this one through the end of July.

Now, someone cook something, damn it! (That includes me, the idiot that thought of this and didn't follow through on actually doing it.)
        SO it is:
        Feta Cheese
        Dates
        Honey
        Polish Sausage

Right?

I had totally forgotten this challenge [sorry ]
        I think I have everything except the cheese for this and if I can convince Rob to pick some up on the way home I might give it a shot as long as I don't have to actually eat it [sorry, the feta smells like goat piss to me and I refuse to eat stuff with feta, I am hypersensitive to caproates [fatty acids found in goat dairy products] and they are incredibly unpleasant to me.

Now if I could sub in some base farmers cheese from cows instead I would actually eat whatever I made. But I but I bet I could convince my roomie to be my taste guinea pig ...
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I might even try it myself, and I'm about as domestic as a nuclear submarine. When I cook I use every utensil I can get my hands on. Stand back! (if you smell smoke coming from the Great Lakes area that'll be me...)

Comment

This sounds like a fun challenge. I may even try it depending on how much they overcharge for stuff here in Seward.
            Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

*sits in with the audience* I think I'm just gonna watch for now.

Comment

So, I've at least got step one of mine actually cooked. I'm starting with a honey apricot date chutney. It's sweet, a bit spicy, and with just a little bit of tangy to it.

Used:
                about 3 pounds of fresh apricots, pitted and coarsely chopped
                one 12 oz. package of Medjool dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
                1 cup raisins
                1/2 cup honey
                1/2 cup packed brown sugar
                1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
                1 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
                1 tablespoon mustard seeds
                1-4 teaspoons Sriracha, to taste

Throw it all together in a pot, cook it over low heat for about an hour stirring occasionally. Made just over a quart of chutney.
                You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

So, having made the chutney.... turns out that I don't like dates. Boyfriend doesn't like dates. None of our friends like dates. So I've got this jar full of stuff that tastes pretty good if you like dates, but no one around here will eat it. So I'm going to skip the final step of putting all the ingredients together into one dish because I really hate wasting food.

My plan was: Honey wheat bread shaped into baguettes, then sliced and toasted after they're baked. Spread a bit of chutney on each slice, top with thin slices of the sausage and sprinkle feta cheese on top, then toast under the broiler for a minute or two to get some nice brown tips on the cheese.
                  You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                    So, having made the chutney.... turns out that I don't like dates. Boyfriend doesn't like dates. None of our friends like dates. So I've got this jar full of stuff that tastes pretty good if you like dates, but no one around here will eat it. So I'm going to skip the final step of putting all the ingredients together into one dish because I really hate wasting food.

My plan was: Honey wheat bread shaped into baguettes, then sliced and toasted after they're baked. Spread a bit of chutney on each slice, top with thin slices of the sausage and sprinkle feta cheese on top, then toast under the broiler for a minute or two to get some nice brown tips on the cheese.
                    That sounds pretty good.

Comment

I'm just gonna leave this here and say yes it was yummy to eat.
                      Last edited by darkroxas45; 08-21-2016, 07:02 PM.
                      ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

Working...
                      X