Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sightings

Closed Thread

That's MY food!
Old 03-13-2015, 10:21 PM
Resident guinea pig

Default That's MY food!

My husband just called to tell me about his day, and while he was on his way home, he decided to stop and pick up some food at McD's. He was waiting by the counter (the drive-thru was backed up) and when they reached over the counter to hand him his bag, a lady who was STILL IN LINE to order reached over and snatched it out of the cashier's hand, saying "Thank you, I've been waiting 20 minutes for this!" The cashier snatched it back, saying, "You're NOT welcome, this is not yours!" The lady apparently tried to object, but it was her turn to order, so she turned around in a huff and placed her order for something that was not even close to what we had.

I don't get people these days. My best guess, she was a regular who had her food ready when she got there on some days.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Old 03-13-2015, 10:25 PM
Resident dyheli wrangler...

I'm going to go with the lady being a delusional bitch on this one. If she was still in line and hadn't even paid then she knew damn well it couldn't be hers. But I have a feeling that they've had a few run ins with her for the cashier to be so quick to grab the bag back.

Old 03-14-2015, 07:13 AM
Front End Supervisor

If I was a manager there and saw that, I would have thrown her out on the spot for pulling that kind of stunt.

Old 03-14-2015, 12:10 PM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth Barracuda View Post
If I was a manager there and saw that, I would have thrown her out on the spot for pulling that kind of stunt.
And given a perma-ban as well!

Old 03-14-2015, 06:41 PM
Resident guinea pig

I know that locally we have a few crazies (mostly little old ladies who just need someone to help take care of them), but from what hubs told me, she seemed perfectly normal. I also feel like this McD's being right off the interstate had something to do with it, but I'm not sure how. Maybe she came from somewhere where the cashiers can read minds?

Old 03-15-2015, 01:08 AM
Chairman of the Board

Since she hadn't even ordered yet, I think she was trying to steal his food. Maybe she's gotten away with doing that before.

Old 03-15-2015, 07:48 PM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
Since she hadn't even ordered yet, I think she was trying to steal his food. Maybe she's gotten away with doing that before.
With the confusion that can go on in a rush, this is what I think almost happened. The one bagging the meal often isn't the one who took the order so the bagger hasn't got a clue who the meal actually belongs to. Since everyone else is playing by the rules, it just takes a second of confusion, a quick hand, and balls of brass to get away with it.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:22 PM
Assistant Manager

That was my idea to Evil..she figured "busy, people milling about waiting for orders, just snatch and go". Glad the worker was on the ball!

Old 03-15-2015, 09:25 PM
Urge to kill, rising...

Anyone tried to snatch my food, they'd end up with a fist in the face. Especially if I have a PMS inspired junk food craving at that moment...

Old 03-15-2015, 09:54 PM
Resident guinea pig

I can see now that she may have thought she could get away with stealing it, and that might be why I thought the location had something to do with it. They probably see this all the time from people who think "Hey, I'm just passing through, they'll never see me again."

Closed Thread