This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Work Parking Lot Crunch!

I'm hoping to add a video that my new dashcam caught; I have to edit it for privacy, and take out the NSFW explicative I yelled! Wicked HD 1080P Car DVR is what I got; not bad for a $60 camera.

After work I was sitting in my car for a few minutes finishing my drink and checking my phone. I had the phone charging, and the dash cam turns-on automatically when the car starts. I saw a car moving fast and looked up. A brown car was backing out of a visitors only space at the front of my work; the employee shouldn't have even been there, but sometimes they run out, pull their cars up close, run back inside, then leave The guy in the white car a few spaces down later said he saw her backing up, but she was looking down at the phone in her lap. She was not only backing up without looking, but then a black car came zooming up the isle far too fast for our parking lot and didn't see her; the black car kept coming, the brown car kept backing and CRUNCH!!! Seeing as how it happened on private property I'm assuming it will be found as a no-fault accident and the insurance companies will have to duke it out. I think it's honestly a 50-50 split; one wasn't looking backing out, but the other didn't notice the car pulling out and was driving too fast.
    Last edited by LillFilly; 03-14-2015, 03:04 AM.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

I'm pretty sure I've posted this before. My brother had this happen, he was backing out but paying attention. The bitch that hit him was going way too fast but it was deemed _his_ fault as he was the one backing out...

Comment

If someone is paying attention and slowly backing out, then it sucks if they have the lion's share of the blame. My head is on a swivel when I'm backing out, because I'm on the lookout for oncoming vehicles and suddenly-appearing pedestrians who think I should see them if they suddenly appear behind me.

A few weeks ago I was at the mall, waiting patiently for someone pulling out so I could take their spot. A small car came swerving around from behind me and sprinted between me and the car pulling out. They're damn lucky they didn't cause an accident. It was also a bit funny though, because after the car pulled out and moved alongside me, we both started making faces at each other and motioning about the other car. She mouthed "Really" and pointed. I nodded "I know, right?!".
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
      X