This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so excited

MissyRed and I have planned a weekend getaway!!! We are flying to Washington, DC and are going to stay in town for a weekend. Two nights there, and then we are going to a b&b I've wanted to go to for ten years...according to her anyway. Soooo excited!!!!!

Anyone have any must go places? We have a plan but I feel like we need to shrink it down...lol, we want to do it all

Comment

The museums are always a good place to go. I was stationed in DC in 1984 and went to the museums almost every weekend.

Comment

The Smithsonian is on our list, along with the national archives. Thanks!!

Comment

I saw the thread title and immediately started singing in my head, "I'M SO EXCITED..."

Say hi to my cousin while you're there. Though I don't know where he'll actually be.
          The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Ok. Will do

Comment

It was so fun! We had a few hiccups due to rain but once we got into town and started seeing the sights it was awesome. We stayed in Alexandria for two nights and went to the Mall those days. We got to see the Washington monument, the Lincoln memorial, the Vietnam wall, the WWII memorial, the Korean memorial... It helps that these are all basically in a line.
              Then we drove to Maryland and stayed in Boonsboro, at the inn owned by Nora Roberts, the author. It. Was. Awesome. I want to go back and actually just stay in Boonsboro. It was a beautiful town.

Comment

Working...
              X