This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employee rates

At the brand hotel I work at other people from the same brand can reserve rooms at employee rates. For this to happen they must bring with them a completed authorization form from their own hotel signed by the front desk manager.

One night this chick just walks in off the street and enquires about an employee rate. I tell her those are usually reserved in advance and she must bring the form. (There is actually a website we can go to and look up rates and availability.)

This girl got mad at me and tried to tell me she worked for the brand and showed me a business card. Well, to be honest - anyone can print up a card or still have one on hand even if they don't work at the hotel any longer. So, I had to deny her request.

She checks in under a normal rate but complains about the situation online. (guests are emailed a form they can complete rating our service)

My point here is she knew the rules. She knew that I had to follow the rules. She complained anyway.

Doesn't follow the rules for getting an employee rate? Complains online (making the chain look bad to potential customers)? Sounds like this case needs a resolution which leaves her no longer eligible for an employee rate.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth figgyx View Post
      My point here is she knew the rules. She knew that I had to follow the rules. She complained anyway.
      To guest: You know the rules and so do I.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Doesn't follow the rules for getting an employee rate? Complains online (making the chain look bad to potential customers)? Sounds like this case needs a resolution which leaves her no longer eligible for an employee rate.
        Assuming she really _was_ an employee...

And if she was an employee this sort of nonsense should get her a big reprimand if not outright fired!

Comment

I don't know the rules where you work, but where I work we're not allowed to take our own company's opinion survey. That's grounds for immediate termination if you're caught.

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
            I don't know the rules where you work, but where I work we're not allowed to take our own company's opinion survey. That's grounds for immediate termination if you're caught.
            Places I've worked we've been allowed, but only if you give a perfect score. Technically you didn't get in trouble for not doing so, but you would get stern talking to. It's sort of an unwritten rule, with the likely punishment being finding your desired rates "blacked out" on future requested dates.

This person certainly wasn't behaving as an employee should. I wonder if she even was one.
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I have a handy little document at my desk. It's a list of all the current company employees. I need this because employees who place an ad can get a discount, but I have to first verify that they actually work for us.

Do you think you would be allowed to have something like that to work from?
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I used to work at a hotel chain that had a similar benefit where I could book a room at a highly reduced rate. The catch was I needed the approval form, AND my location had to book the reservation at the other location.

Because the employee rate was so low, we were expected to be on our super best behavior and not make any trouble with the other property. Because management WOULD hear about it and we could lose our jobs.

Sounds like this woman, if she really was an employee, was just another entitled jerk.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                  And if she was an employee this sort of nonsense should get her a big reprimand if not outright fired!
                  That's what I meant by a resolution that would leave her no longer eligible for an employee rate - after all, she'd no longer be an employee.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    That's what I meant by a resolution that would leave her no longer eligible for an employee rate - after all, she'd no longer be an employee.
                    I knew what you meant...

Comment

I've been working in hotels since 1999. The worst customers we tend to have are other hotel employees (other than the obvious church groups and family reunions of course). While going our 6pm authorizations, there is a 95% chance that the employee's credit card declines. It never fails. Considering they're only paying $29, this gets extremely aggravating. They usually don't provide a phone number for us to reach them either. So they'll eventually show up and find out that their reservation has been cancelled. Of course this is all our fault.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                        To guest: You know the rules and so do I.
                        A full commitment's what you're thinking of?

Comment

Quoth VComps View Post
                          A full commitment's what you're thinking of?
                          They wouldn't get this rate from any other guy...
                          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I just wanna tell you you're not staying
                            Gotta make you understand...
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                            X