This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "But he told me drive the wrong way down this street"

This incident happened to one of my co-workers.

He was working as a parking attendant at an event this week for our employer.

The event was held at a park located near the area of parking garages managed by our employer which both of us work at, & so several people asked him where the park was.

He pointed in the general direction of where the park is located.

Several minutes later a cop drives up to the parking garage my co-worker was working at and said the following...
    • I had to tell several people to not drive down the wrong way on that street *he points to the street*
    • Did you tell several people to drive the wrong way down that street?

My co-worker said no.

The cop then told him that these people told him that they were told by the guy at the parking garage to drive that direction down that street.

There are several signs where the park is located at stating not to drive the wrong way down the street.

The cop left.

Then several minutes later a security guard arrived asking my co-worker the same question and then telling my co-worker the same things that the cop said after my co-worker told him that no, he did not tell anyone to drive the wrong way down that street.

The MOD found out what happened. He told my co-worker the next time he is asked to give directions, to tell the person asking him "I do not know where *x* is located or how you get there."

"It's directly above the center."

... of the earth, universe, reigning cthuluoid ...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Ohmygod, can people really be that stupid...??

Wait, where am I again?

Oh, yeah. Never mind.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

When someone points in the direction of something, I always assume they don't mean "as the crow flies". Otherwise I'd drive through lawns, buildings, etc.

Wow people are dumb.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          Wow people are dumb.
          You're only realizing this NOW? Considering your info (shown in every post) says you've been here over 7 years, I'm surprised you hadn't learned this before.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Get the fact the MOD said to lie in writing.

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
              Get the fact the MOD said to lie in writing.
              I guess it would be considered lying, but that's not how I see it. Maybe word it slightly different? "I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to give directions." And if someone questions it, tell them why. When people ask me for referrals for seamstresses, I say "I'm not allowed to give out names. If I did the company could become responsible." That's completely true. And yes, it was because SCs complained to corporate if they didn't like the seamstress.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                ... When people ask me for referrals for seamstresses, I say "I'm not allowed to give out names. If I did the ...
                Agony Aunts would come for me.
                [/PTerry]
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  You're only realizing this NOW?
                  Nope. But I'm always impressed by new lows of dumb people and SCs. Why do you think I stick around?
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
                  X