This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so yeah, some people are just utter douchebags...:(

the husband and i went out late last night for some 1/2 priced Applebee's appetizers. he went straight to the restroom and i waited in the lobby for the hostess to seat us, and while i waited i turned and glanced into the dinning room... just in time to watch a young guy there with his date in the middle of a casual scooping motion and a few bucks in his hand. he shot me a suspicions/guilty look, and then folded the cash up and stuffed it in a pocket as he walked out like nothing happened. since i didn't catch the start of it, for all knew he just got up from that very table and was legitimately putting away his own change... but something felt off to me.

we ended up seated at the same table, so i asked the waitress if they served that table before us, and when she said yes, i asked if she'd gotten a tip from her last guest. she said no... and she was surprised because they told her what a good server she was. i caught that douchebag stealing her tip i told her that they DID leave her a tip... and it was at least 4-5 bucks.

we ended up leaving her a double tip... some on a CC, and i emptied my change purse... almost 10 bucks for a 20 dollar meal. my husband and i have both been servers, we know how it is... but stealing a tip is just the lowest of the low.

That is shameful.

Comment

Sounds like the guy wanted to impress his date by leaving a decent tip for the waitress, but didn't want to spend the money to do so. Plan of action: put down the tip money while his date's watching, then scoop it up when she isn't.

Alternately, was this couple the previous one at your table, or did he steal a tip that someone else had left while walking past the table? If the latter, some innocent person could get tagged as a non-tipper. Guy is a douchebag of the worst sort.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

i really wish i'd gotten a better look at him, or what car he got into... but i was kinda in shock saying to myself "did i really see what i think i just saw?"

wolfie - naw. he wasn't at that table. i described the couple, and the waitress didn't recognize. i think the guy just saw a pile of bills out at the end of the table and went all opportunistic on it... and i just happened to look in the right direction at the right moment to catch him
        Last edited by EricKei; 04-04-2015, 05:08 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Comment

This is why I never leave my table until my server actually takes my tip.

And I would have called the guy out on his behavior... loud enough for everyone in the restaurant to hear. "HEY - DID YOU JUST STEAL A TIP OFF THAT TABLE!?"

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
            "HEY - DID YOU JUST STEAL A TIP OFF THAT TABLE!?"
            And all he has to do is say no in an offended manner, and you're the one who looks like a douche. Unfortunately.

Comment

I would have just said, "they have cameras here"....
              There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

This is why I've started either putting the tip on my debit card when I pay the bill or giving the cash to the server, if I can catch him or her.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                  And all he has to do is say no in an offended manner, and you're the one who looks like a douche. Unfortunately.
                  and that is exactly why i didn't say anything. because i wasn't 100% sure of what i saw. if i HAD for sure seen it i would have stepped in front of him and told him to put it back, servers only make 2 bucks an hour.

Comment

Working...
                  X