This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrift store tales

It's been awhile since I posted on here. I have a new job at a local thrift shop which is a registered charity, so no tax! I have been building up a stock of stories, but I sadly kept forgetting them. Tonight however, my last customer of the night had me reeling.

Note: we close at a set time. Simple right?

Me: moi
    SC: duh
    CW: co-worker

SC walks in at 10 minutes to close.
    Me: Hello, just to let you know we're closing in 10 minutes
    SC: I know. You told me last week and you don't need to tell me again.

2 minutes later
    SC: What's your name?
    Me: Moogles
    SC: I'm calling your manager! It's rude and illegal to tell me when you close. You should never tell customers when the store closes! No one else does it! I'll have you fired!
    Me: Well, just let her know that all I did was say when we were closing

SC leaves, and CW comes up
    CW: What a raging hosebeast! You weren't rude at all. Heck you were a lot calmer then I would have been.

So, if you told him/her that you were closing last week, why didn't he/she throw a fit then?
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Why is telling or doing something in line with store procedures is always rude or illegal? And not telling a customer when the store closes? Alrighty then, no warnings, but they will be spending the night locked in the store because there is a closing time and employees will be leaving and locking up!

Comment

Oh, but registerrodeo, then customer logic would dictate everything is free because no one is there to ring them up. Yes, it hurt to think like that. I'll be looking for my Advil now.
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth Moogles View Post
          You told me last week and you don't need to tell me again.
          "Except I obviously do need to tell you again, because you've done exactly the same thing twice."
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Illegal?

I would have burst out laughing.

While never at work, I have had people tell me something was illegal and my response has always been the same. Call the police or a lawyer (depending on the situation).

What get me is the amount of effort these people will put in to get me to agree with them, but at the same time refuse/resist calling the people that if they were in the right would have the power to do something.

Comment

Funny what counts as 'illegal' in SC reality....
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

So it's also illegal to have the hours posted on the door? Or on the website (if you have one)? Or in the weekly newspaper ad (again, if you have one)?

These people are NUTZ.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I got shouted at, sworn at, and threatened with bodily violence yesterday because me telling someone that our station is not a public thoroughfare is "patronising"...?
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                    SC reality....
                    isn't that an oxymoron?
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                      isn't that an oxymoron?
                      No, because SC's reject your reality and substitute their own.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                        , I have had people tell me something was illegal and my response has always been the same. Call the police... What get me is the amount of effort these people will put in to get me to agree with them, but at the same time refuse/resist calling the people that if they were in the right would have the power to do something.
                        Me too, it's amazing how many times the conversation just kinda, ends, right there, like someone pulled the plug on it..... funny how those absolutely CERTAIN they're in the right are so hesitant to test it...

I wonder if they realize they'll lose, or, they're just so used to people caving out of ignorance/desire not to fight, that they really haven't PLANNED on what to do if that response doesn't work?
                        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Dunno how what you said is rude. She just didn't like the fact that you told her what was what. Some customers don't like it. It's their problem, not yours.

Comment

Working...
                          X