This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who made you the Jello police?

I was waiting at a stop light in a neighborhood on trash pickup day when I saw a Rita-Mobile (small white car with a yellow flashing light on top) putt-putting down the street with a hand reaching out the passenger window and lifting the lid of every trash can.

When it turned in front of me it had a city logo and REFUSE in big print.

Run! Run! It's the Garbage Gestapo!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

If SLC is anything like Denver, it was probably checking to make sure that the garbage collectors didn't have to do one single microscopic IOTA of work that they aren't forced to do.

Did it look like they actually FOUND something that they were looking for, whatever it was?

Comment

I wish we had something like that. My neighbors don't bother to recycle and their garbage totes are overflowing. Rats can climb; they are not supposed to have so much crap stuffed in the totes that you can't close the lids.

But there's no use reporting it, because by the time anyone from the city got off their ass and drove down to take a look, the garbage truck would have come through and emptied the totes.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I just popped in to say best. thread title. ever.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
        X