This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Know?

What is the deal with League Of Legends. I tried it one time and had it for a few weeks but never really played it. Why is it so hyped and supposedly now a sport?
    ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Because internet.

(No idea, myself. I don't get it either.)
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I don't know, either -- I was going to download it but even with my decent internet connection it would've taken way too long to download.
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

^ What Jay said. My Li'l Bro plays it a lot. And watches videos of the "pros" playing. I tried it once and I don't like that style of gameplay. To each his own I suppose.
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Every once in a while, a group of young'uns take their laptops to the 'nerd club' (a local gaming club, mainly set up for D'n'D type games and tabletops like Warhammer) to play LoL together. It turns into quite the event. People are shouting instructions to each other, there's wagers between players, it's an all-around fun time. I've watched the game and have no damn idea what the appeal of it is by itself, but the teamwork sure makes it look like a blast.
          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Having played it quite a bit myself in its first two seasons it's a fairly enjoyable game. The genre started life as a mod for Warcraft 3 and took off from there. As games go there is quite a bit of skill involved and the multiplayer/team aspect means its a lot of fun. It has similar appeal I think to fighter style games in that it is highly competitive game play against several human opponents.

There is quite a bit of customization that goes into the game. Theory crafting on the best stat/talent builds and which champions (player characters) are the best at certain roles. Have the fun for me was taking a particular champion most people didn't like and making it shine. I also liked trying to find unconventional builds that would throw the other team off.

I think one of the biggest appeals of the game is it is entirely free to play if you want it to be.

I stopped playing when season 3 of the game changed how items build quite significantly. I didn't feel like relearning one of the more important aspects of the game all over again. When I did play I enjoyed watching the professional level of play just because it was impressive to see that kind of skill. Now that I don't play I really don't care.

Comment

Working...
            X