This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accident Coincidence?

Two days ago, as I was going home, I passed by a 5 car pileup in the oncoming lanes. This was a city street, but not at an intersection. Apparently, car 1 stopped, car 2 rear-ended car 1, car 3 rear-ended car 2, etc.

Yesterday, as I was going home, I passed by another rear-end collision in the oncoming lanes. The rear car had its front end smashed in.

We had good weather. The roads were dry. Both accidents happened in the same time of day. The only differences were the days and the number of cars involved.

I'm tempted to use a different route home today.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Sometimes people get complacent just after an obvious road hazard goes away; like when the fog lifts or the snow melts.

Those people are the ones that the rest of us have to watch out for..

Comment

I kinda had the same thing, except I really don't have an alternate route. One day I drive by a car literally wrapped around a telephone pole. No other car or people around (other than the cop) to indicate a reason for the accident. Good weather. The next day there is a sofa in the road. Just hangin out, no other cars around. The next day it's windy so obviously it's garbage day, and everyone's can is in the street.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
        The next day there is a sofa in the road. Just hangin out, no other cars around.
        Sounds like someone was moving, and had no idea about a concept known as "cargo securement". How could they NOT notice that they had lost their sofa?

Improperly secured cargo is an out-of-service condition, and (IIRC) carries a fine of up to $25,000. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be enforced against amateurs.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

When my mom and I would make the trek down Route 24 to RI, we saw all sorts of silliness. The best (one when I wished we had a dash cam) was a car in front of us carrying two mattresses. Each one was secured with a single rope (yes, nylon rope, not a cargo strap) across the midpoint on the long side; bottom one tied to the actual roof and the top mattress was, as far as we could tell, tied only to the bottom one and flapping back in the wind. We passed that guy quick and reported him as a road hazard; I have no idea what wound up happening except the last I saw there was an idiot tailgating the mattress-mobile.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
            The next day there is a sofa in the road. Just hangin out, no other cars around.
            I just love this quote. Sofa, just hangin out.
            "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Was it a velvet paisley-covered Chesterfield sofa?

Comment

Quoth minchazo View Post
                Was it a velvet paisley-covered Chesterfield sofa?

That is why couch burning is so popular.
                This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                  That is why couch burning is so popular.
                  ...and probably why so many couches give their lives every year on the WVU campus. Think of the humanity!

But seriously, it sounds like it flew out of someone's truck. I've had that happen...at 70mph on the highway. Truck ahead of me hits a bump on the long, downhill section of I79 out of Washington, PA. The impact was hard enough to bounce the grill out of the bed...and onto the highway about a carlength in front of me Keep in mind that I'm in my *grandmother's* car, which has the turning circle of a cruise ship.

If you've never had the opportunity to give your ABS a serious workout, there's nothing like nearly standing your Oldsmobile on its nose, having the car waddle from side to side as the system compensates and scrubs off enough speed to swerve, while trying to not get hit by the semi that's behind you!

Had I not been able to miss it, the accident would have been deadly. The grill still had the tank on it! I'm sure that would have been exploded, or caused the car to come to a sudden stop...and possibly then been hit from behind. If I'd survived, I'm sure my grandmother would have kicked my ass!
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                  X