Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad your organization deals with cats instead of dogs. Otherwise you could have asked the woman to stay away when she was in season, since she'd be a distraction for the male dogs.

Regarding freekibble, they (or another organization connected to a network of shelters) might want to get their contact information posted at distribution centers for grocery chains and "big box" stores. One relatively common situation (even if it happens only a few percent of the time, the number of deliveries is high enough that the event will happen on a regular basis) is that the outer cartons of various products will be damaged, and the distribution center will reject the product in the damaged cartons. When this happens, they put it back on the trailer, and the trucking company needs to dispose of it FAST (otherwise they won't have the empty trailer they need to pick up their next load, for which they have an appointment). If the product is pet food or cat litter, animal shelters could use the stuff. I've seen ONE distribution center that had the number for the local food bank posted (in case the product involved was "people food"), and I've been delayed once because my carrier was unable to track down a place to dispose of roughly half a skid of cat litter (cardboard cartons were damaged, a couple of the jugs inside were dented, but the litter itself was fine).
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      One relatively common situation...

/snip

...(cardboard cartons were damaged, a couple of the jugs inside were dented, but the litter itself was fine).
      Locally, the stores donate the busted food and litter to animal shelters. My in-laws used to get cat food from a lady who ran a dog rescue and kept getting sent busted bags of cat food. Freekibble is sponsored by Purina, and it's funded by a few ads on the side of the web page. It would be a good idea though.
      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        And if we didn't already have 2 inside kittys I would immediately make a banzai run down to adopt those 2 juvies.
        Here's a picture of "The Two Badasses." They were pretty skittish when they first arrived, but they're starting to become friendly.
        Attached Files
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Maybe it's time you or someone starts doing a background check of people before they go back to your area, haha. Wouldnt want the "customer" to get the wrong idea...

Comment

Aww those two badasses are adorable!

Comment

Quoth Amanita View Post
              Aww those two badasses are adorable!
              Seconded.

I'd come get them but I've just had another kitty show up at the house a couple of weeks ago. She's already getting a belly on her - just hoping it's only weight gain and not kittens.
              Attached Files
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Well, we went back to volunteer yesterday. Normally we don't do two weeks in a row, but I didn't think we'd be free any of our normal weekends, so we changed our schedule around so we could go in last week. What I thought I had going on this week got cancelled, so we were free this week as well. I wasn't sure if we were going to volunteer this week or sit this one out, but we ended up going in.

No problems this time. I didn't see the store manager that was hassling us, and the customers were interacted with were pretty decent this time. This one couple came in to see the cute little orange kitten we have, and they seemed to absolutely adore him. I don't think they put in an application, but they could always come back and put one in later.

There was also this young couple who did put in an application. They looked like they were about my son's age, which made me feel old. I talked to them and answered their questions for them, and wished them good luck when they left. They seemed really nice, so I hope they get approved.

The manager of the shelter didn't say anything about last week, so I don't think the store manager said anything to her. And I didn't want to talk about it where any customer, store employee, or manager could overhear it, although I could have talked to her about it in the adoption center. But we had a good time playing with the kitties. Two of the cats from last week have found homes, and the manager brought a new one in. The two badasses are actually starting to become pretty friendly, and they didn't trash their cage this time after we cleaned it. At least not while we were still there. Now what they did after we left, who knows?
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                X