This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
    We need some sort of attachment to the door...
    If you touch me there I shall scream!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The title of this thread reminded me of this:

http://what-if.xkcd.com/13/

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
        Let me guess. "But the GPS said to go this way!" GPS is awesome (take it from someone who can get lost in an empty room) but you have to use your eyes too!
        yeah did you hear about the guy who actually drove his car off a bridge (past all the "road closed" signs of course!) because his GPS told him so? tragic thing is his wife died in the accident.

Comment

I did the "Try to open a locked door" a few weekends ago, on Free Comic Book Day.

I went downtown early, and figured I'd stop in later on in the day. Got lunch, Ingressed all day, and assuming they'd be open till 6 as usual, took my time wandering back to the store. Got there at 4:15 and tried the door, and it was stuck. Glanced around for signs, still saw people (workers) inside, tried again, but it was locked. Turned out they closed at 4 that day (after huge crowds I saw on FB later). Oops. *blush*

Later that evening, Facebook helpfully decided to add a post from my local comic store saying that for FCBD they were going to be open from 10-4. It showed up in my queue around 10 PM that night. Thanks a lot Facebook! *sigh*

Comment

When my old store was in the process of shutting down, we had a sign parked directly opposite the main door that was over 12 feet high. It said "store closing sale" in big red letters on a yellow background. People still walked to the counter and asked "are you closing?"

No we just have a 12 foot sign by the door for fun.
            Yep, been there, done that. The "we're moving" signs were at least as big as I am, and I'm no pixie. Yet for some strange reason, nobody could see them; they all asked us about the store moving, rather than look at and read the very large, clearly worded sign.
            We also had an older guy throw a fit about how nobody told him sales are final. The liquidator (who you DID NOT mess with) stepped up and said "sir, I have over 150 signs stating that in the store. I find it hard to believe you missed every single one of them." ...Guy booked it out of there.
            The liquidator ROCKS! Oh, to have seen the expression on the guy's face when he was pretty much told he was an aliterate idiot.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
            X