This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new level of inappropriate

This happened to a CW last week and I'm still creeped out by it, so clearly I have to share the story with you all.

CW answers the phone. There's a man on the other end, who has a question that is apparently a little awkward and he's not sure how to phrase it.

CW tells him just go ahead, she's heard just about everything, what is he looking for?

Well apparently ever since he was young, this man has had an inclination for wearing diapers and being babied. So his mom has finally agreed to make him adult-sized cloth diapers, and do we have diaper fabric and diaper pins? You see, he's already ordered adult-sized baby furniture but he still needs the diapers so can we check to see if we have the supplies to make them?

The reaction of everyone I work with: WHAT THE ?

Look, whatever you get up to in the bedroom (or any other private part of your house) is your business and I so don't care (and I don't want this to get into fratching, so the fetish is not the issue here).

But NONE of this is an okay conversation to have with a stranger who's just trying to do their job! Why did he have to explain his history of wanting to be diapered? Why did he have to specify adult diapers (instead of letting us naively assume this was for babies)? Why did he mention the furniture? Just why???

These are thoughts I don't want to have about my customers. Ever.

Now every time someone comes in and buys fabric to make cloth diapers we all shudder and give each other knowing, sympathetic looks. And pray the customer doesn't start talking about what the fabric is for.

(Also worth nothing that this was an OLDER man calling, not a teenager. So if it was a prank call... Ew. Ew ew ew that's still gross and creepy and I don't want to know why he chose that particular subject for a prank call.)

Ugh. He could've just asked if the store carries diaper cloth (it does) without going into details.

And yet, Corporate wants us to ask each and every customer about what they're creating...
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

After reading this and trying to process what the customer said i only have a three word response: What the fuck?

My brain hurts, and i think i may need brain bleach.
      If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

That is an actual fetish although like suggested above he didn't need to go to detail to ask about cloth. Also, what the hell is with him and having his mom make his diapers? Why would he want her to know, unless it was roleplay mom...
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I think explaining it to your coworker was probably part of his turn on by the fetish. Sorry to your coworker. I'm sure he doesn't need to buy anything. Clearly inappropriate.

Comment

Quoth Shyla View Post
            I think explaining it to your coworker was probably part of his turn on by the fetish. Sorry to your coworker. I'm sure he doesn't need to buy anything. Clearly inappropriate.

This is what I was thinking. Within the fetish world there's the idea of humiliation. A "mom" in an age play scenario might incorporate something like this as a humiliation task. This would be considered inappropriate by most fetishists because it involves members of the unsuspecting public.
            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Heck, he could have simply asked for help making adult cloth daipers and left you believing it was for continence issues. Or even stated that it was for continence issues.

Sure, that's still a mental image you don't need, but at least it's a known & understandable medical issue, not leaving someone unconsensually exposed to someone else's sex play.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Playing Devil's Advocate here, although I detest the idea of doing so as what he did was wrong, he possibly could have mentioned at least the adult size to make certain your cloth would be usable for it. Then again, he didn't have to mention his desires and baby furniture either. Could've pretended it was for grandpa or something.

Edit: Seshat beat me to it (went ADD sorta when I typed up the post. Forgot to hit 'send').

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
                  Playing Devil's Advocate here, although I detest the idea of doing so as what he did was wrong, he possibly could have mentioned at least the adult size to make certain your cloth would be usable for it. Then again, he didn't have to mention his desires and baby furniture either. Could've pretended it was for grandpa or something.

Edit: Seshat beat me to it (went ADD sorta when I typed up the post. Forgot to hit 'send').
                  Nahhh.... he just felt like oversharing. I don't sew, but every time I've been in a fabric store, no fabric bolt would be too small for such a thing. The only difference it might make is how much fabric got wasted when cutting out the pattern.

Sheeshh... I'm all for people having great diversity in how they get their proverbial jollies, but I definitely do not want to know about them.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                    Heck, he could have simply asked for help making adult cloth daipers and left you believing it was for continence issues. Or even stated that it was for continence issues.

Sure, that's still a mental image you don't need, but at least it's a known & understandable medical issue, not leaving someone unconsensually exposed to someone else's sex play.
                    This is pretty much exactly what I wanted to post. Nothing unheard of with needing adult size diapers.

I've heard good things about this brand.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth An Haddock
                      Sorry, I don't see the problem. The guy has a particular fetish and particular needs. He may or may not have felt embarrassment sharing that with a stranger but it seems to me it's the best way to find what he's looking for.
                      As other people have said, there's no need to share what he needed the material for. If he had just said "diapers" we would have assumed it was for a baby and it would have been fine. Even if he felt the need to specify "adult diapers" he could have explained it as incontinence instead of going into the sexual nature of it.

There were other options for getting the info he needed without sharing that level of personal details with strangers. That makes it extremely inappropriate, at least in my book.

Comment

No, really, it was over-sharing. "I need material to make adult-sized cloth diapers" would have been sufficient. No need to detail a medical excuse (even if true) and certainly no need to reveal irrelevant details like how reluctant your mother is to do this or how you've recently acquired adult-sized baby furniture.

I would expect a computer tech to not get all offended by whatever non-illegal contents might be on my hard disk, but neither would it be necessary to tell the tech ahead of time what sorts of bizarre stuff I've chosen to store on my computer.

Comment

Yah I agree, it's all good and fine to have that fetish (and I can relate) but there is no need to get INTO the details of said fetish with some stranger on the phone. And as for mom he probably meant role play mom.
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Shyla View Post
                            I think explaining it to your coworker was probably part of his turn on by the fetish.
                            That's what I was thinking.
                            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Willowe View Post
                              There were other options for getting the info he needed without sharing that level of personal details with strangers. That makes it extremely inappropriate, at least in my book.
                              That's exactly it. He could have easily asked for cloth to make adult diapers, and that would have been the end of it. But no, he had to overshare things. I'm as tolerant as the next guy...but I don't want to hear what you do when you get busy in the bedroom. There's a time and a place for that...and it's NOT done when placing a call to a place of business. This guy knew that it was wrong, and went ahead and did it anyway. Some people just enjoy making others uncomfortable, and yes, there's a word for it. That word would be "asshole."
                              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                              X