This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth dbuzman View Post
    I think Aragarthiel means she banned him from nice restaurants.
    Ohhh..LOLOL!! I found it odd that the steak place let him buy the knife and banned him..my bad..heheh

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post

Many years back I helped a friend move, and among their glassware there was one from a bar called "Bettyjoe's" - friend's wife (Betty Joe Lastname) had stolen it.

It's possible they didn't actually steal it. When I lived in Miami there was a bar I frequented for years and years. Every once in a while they'd have glassware that had various logos and such given to them by various distributors. They'd use them, but if a regular customer asked, they'd freely give them to us. It's possible that Betty Jo asked and was given the glass by somebody at the bar.
      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

My grandparents were of this mindset and so was my mom, until my sister and I got fed up and started cleaning out our purses before leaving the place. I stopped carrying a purse, in fact. They'd slip the stuff into our purses (not their own, damn them) while we were in the bathroom. I made a show of cleaning out ONCE, explaining LOUDLY that I didn't appreciate being made a pack horse for their petty and stupid crimes. After that my purse vanished and so did this, "tradition."

A local theater dinner place sells glasses for this reason and use regular unmarked glasses to serve drinks. When they had their logo on the serving glasses, they'd vanish. The amount of vanishing glasses dropped when they went with unmarked serving glasses and started selling the marked ones! (You could also pay more to have the drink served in the logo glass, which you got to keep.)
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
          It's possible they didn't actually steal it.
          Considering the fact that when I was helping them pack the glassware for the move, and we got to that one, Betty Joe commented that she'd taken it as a souvenir, I'd consider that possibility to be vanishingly small.

Slightly O/T, but I wonder if before the Empire State Building regained the title of "tallest building in New York City" some jurisdiction had issued a license plate with the number "WTC 911" (or reversed if it were a jurisdiction that put the digits before the letters). Naturally, after a certain event, such a plate would have been recalled by the issuing authority - but would it have been "souveneired" before the holder received the recall letter telling them to turn it in? Also, would the holder have "souveneired" it before anyone else had a chance to do so?
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

My fathers souvenir of choice is a cloth napkin. I believe his current spouse has either issued dire enough threats, or simply disposes of them now. I'm not completely sure if the theft or the mismatched colors (even within white it happens), sizes etc is the reason for the edict.

Comment

Working...
            X