This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like I may be going back to Garden Center

I learned Saturday that the Department Manager out there ummmm,"no longer works here".

From what I have heard, he was on vacation a week ago and whomever was supposed to check in the newly arriving plants 1) didn't do it correctly and 2) lost the invoices. And they blamed him because "he is the Department Manager".

That got it started and they went back and forth on things including;

No functioning water in the one place that needs to use water every day.
    {One faucet corroded and broke and a customer broke the other one with her cart.}

Some wind chimes that he didn't want, tried to send back, was forced to display and was blamed for not sending back when they were recalled and he wasn't told.

Him being constantly pulled out of Garden Center because he is the only one trained on all power equipment; ie the Forklift, Scissor lift, Power dollies, etc.

He is also the main Safety manager and had red tagged the deli and bakery many times for safety violations.

He has been trying to get them to get the shade cloth up, which should have been done before we filled the patio with plants and needs to be done before we get a hail storm.

Eventually this lead to a mutual "I QUIT!/ YOU'RE FIRED" situation. But will also have additional fallout since his best friend works Housewares and is now transferring to the Wal Mart one town over. His mother works Infants and his girlfriend works Meat Dept. and will probably quit too.

It is a mess, but with the current Ass Manager in my department, I would prefer the mess over there. Our store is a training store for AMs and she has managed to piss off everybody, including fellow AMs.

Well, we will see tomorrow what the total damage and fall out is.
    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
    Him being constantly pulled out of Garden Center because he is the only one trained on all power equipment; ie the Forklift, Scissor lift, Power dollies, etc.
    And they fired him... morons.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Sounds like DM finally crawled out from the under the bus--after being thrown there too often.
      Can't say I blame him.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

This reminds me of something that happened locally. A driver left/got fired from a local septic pumping company and the next day sees his old truck out on the road with his boss at the wheel. Bossman didn't have a drivers license, let alone the CDL required to haul 30,000 lbs of poo. Cops got called, bossman wound up with a couple grand worth of tickets to pay for, including a few fines from the DOT. Driver got called back and offered his job with a $2 an hour raise and a bonus for going and picking up the truck where the boss had to leave it.

Comment

Lol....now THAT, kids, is job security.

I wonder if he planned that intentionally.
          Last edited by Tama; 04-17-2015, 02:05 AM.
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Sounds more like he seized the opportunity to strike back epically
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

If the mess over there really is better than the mess where you are... opportunity for a transfer?

Comment

I am officially the Department Manager for Garden Center, but still not in Garden Center. I can't take over there till they get someone to take over Pets, Paper & Chemicals. So far everyone they asked said no, several had this position before and they know how much work it is. These three departments take up a third of the Bin space in the back for overstock, they require continuous zoning due to customer traffic and is kind of monotonous, the same thing every day.

At least Garden Center shifts with the seasons, different merchandise for different months. Oh and even better news, I got a raise with the change. With Wally World it is all automatic based on I have no idea, but that is two raises in two months. That may be a Wally World record.

Comment

I'd just like to point out that putting Pets,Paper and Chemicals all together is a recipe for disaster :P
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Nah. You can use the paper to housebreak the puppies, and then use the chemicals to turn them into your own private army of frankenweenies...
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      ... your own private army of frankenweenies...
                      Is there any way to differentiate a frankenweenie from a normal weenie when the neckbolt is hidden by a collar? Survivalists everywhere want to know.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

And I am still waiting in Pets, Paper & Chemicals.

My schedule says I am DM Lawn & Garden. Everyone keeps asking why I am not over there. And I have been doing some of the paperwork duties of Lawn & Garden.

I spent all last week resetting the entire pet department, most of which I just set a couple months ago. There was not a single item that did not move and many of the items that were deleted months ago came back, but they are still in the system at the clearance price. Oh and they deleted most of what was added months ago, in fact the store actually hit its limit on how much could be discounted.

And on top of all this, the store reset started Monday; new floor tiles, fixtures, steel. They are bringing back Fabric and Guns and moving and modifying everything else.

And yes, some of the very areas in pets will have to be reset yet again.

Comment

More than a month since this was first posted, 3 weeks since DP announced he was Lawn and Garden manager but still stuck in his old department... Starting to think this belongs in MiM.

Comment

Finally They said I would go to Garden Center next week!

I said NO I won't, I'm on vacation next week!

At least I have a reason to come back after my vacation.

Comment

Working...
                            X