Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Try looking for 'big red car to win' instead....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try looking for 'big red car to win' instead....

I go in to put a bet on the Grand Prix and get told.

'There isn't a Ferrari listed.You need to choose one of the drivers up on the screen or tell me what team he drives for and I'll see if I can find him'.

Rings up another store for help-'No,I couldn't find it anywhere either.Oh apparently Ferrari's not a driver-so does that mean I have to look in the list of teams for it.'

The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

For some reason when you said "big red car" I thought of the Wiggles...and now I have THAT song stuck in my head.

"Toot toot chugga chugga big red car, we'll travel near and we'll travel far-ah-ah...."
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

We saw them in Reading PA back when my eldest was 3. So about 10 years back. Even then they were getting on in years.
      But the paint on me is beginning to dry
      And it's not what I wanted to be
      The weight on me
      Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Quoth Ophbalance View Post
        We saw them in Reading PA back when my eldest was 3. So about 10 years back. Even then they were getting on in years.
        They've changed the lineup now. There's a GIRL WIGGLE!!!!!!

(there was a bit o'backlash around that initially, but it's died down now. Helps that the only change I've really noticed is just the faces, their actual "act" hasn't changed too much.)

I do remember when I was a kiddo I had the first ever "proper" Wiggles video ("Get Ready To Wiggle") that had them in shirts. Anthony wore a bright green polo shirt and I remember getting upset with mum because my school shirt (bottle green polo) didn't match his and I wanted one like it We got Big Red Car and one other video and then my sister and I grew out of them

Comment

I've currently got big red car and multiple other videos (I just counted 21 videos). The scary thing about the big red car video is Jeff is driving the big red car! Imagine if he fell asleep.

Comment

Quoth dawnfire View Post
            I've currently got big red car and multiple other videos (I just counted 21 videos). The scary thing about the big red car video is Jeff is driving the big red car! Imagine if he fell asleep.
            Fun fact: he actually invented that shtick because he was the only one of the group without a background in early childhood education (the other three all were either studying ECE or working in early childhood centres) and figured that it meant he didn't have to do much on stage.

Also, there's a reason behind their famous finger-wiggle pose: aside from it being distinctive, it stops them from being sued by some money-hungry parent claiming one of the Wiggles groped their child when their hands are clearly NOT near the child.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
              Also, there's a reason behind their famous finger-wiggle pose: aside from it being distinctive, it stops them from being sued by some money-hungry parent claiming one of the Wiggles groped their child when their hands are clearly NOT near the child.
              Reminds me of one I heard about a suit against Disney alleging that one of the characters had groped someone. Cast member arrived at the court in costume - character's arms were "inert" - cast member's arms were inside the body of the costume. In other words, someone wearing that costume would be PHYSICALLY UNABLE to grope anyone. Case dismissed.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
              X