Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd children's names (odd names of children, not names of odd children to clarify)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking through my old journal tonight, I remembered someone that I met while on vacation. She was the older sister of one of my brother's friends. Her name? Christmas.

Seriously. I'm sure she took a *lot* of shit for that. No wonder she went by Christie instead. The only people that called her by her 'real' name were her parents.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I remember my daughter went to a birthday party where one of the other guests was a girl named Rhodes.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
        Looking through my old journal tonight, I remembered someone that I met while on vacation. She was the older sister of one of my brother's friends. Her name? Christmas.

Seriously. I'm sure she took a *lot* of shit for that. No wonder she went by Christie instead. The only people that called her by her 'real' name were her parents.

One of my classmates in the 8th grade had the last name of Christmas. That in itself was bad enough, but said classmate also had a younger sister named Mary. Poor child got teased mercilessly.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

In second grade, I remember a kid named Peter Johnson. Halfway through the year, he decided he wanted to go by his middle name, Richard.

Dad had high hopes for this kid, I'd assume.
          The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

My co-worker went to grade school w/ a girl named Fallopia.
            Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
            X