This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky hotel guests . . . includes question

So a question for our members who work in the hotel industry . . . .

I just got home from a professional conference at the beach. I go every year, and the conference is always held at this same hotel. I've been here many times, and the service is always good.

Wednesday night, I'm getting settled in my room. I'd just gotten home from dinner with some colleagues, and was surfing the net and the tube while winding down, so it was around 9pm or so. I start to hear this incessant banging sound. Honestly, it really sounded like doors slamming or dresser drawers slamming. It went on for about 40 minutes or so, and stopped. It was annoying, but since it wasn't really that late I didn't do anything about it.

Thursday, I note a well dressed couple going into the room. Couple were young, early 20's, and wife was very conservatively dressed (skirt below ankles, looked almost Mennonite).

Thursday night, same thing. I get home from dinner, am winding down surfing the net and the tube when the same banging starts up. It goes on for another 40 minutes or so, and stopped just in time for Game of Thrones (thank god, or I would have said something this time).

The dots connected and I'm pretty sure husband and wife were getting busy in the room as much wall banging also accompanied this.

So, do our hotel workers get many customer complaints about this kind of thing? How would you have resolved this if I had complained?
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Just curious, but was the male wall-banger named Harvey?
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I don't know what hotel workers would do, but really if they're "getting it on" for 40 minutes, good on them! ;-)

Comment

I've never gotten a complaint about sexy-time noises, but if I were to, I'd be able to send my security guard up to see what he could do about it.
        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

I suppose the right answer isn't 'Either keep the noise down or let me join in'....
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I Treat it like a regular noise complaint. Which is, warn once to keep it down, and if they don't (and they rarely don't) security guard gets pleasure of throwing them out. Some hotels just offer the complainer a refund or discount.
            Side story: I went to stay in a New York hotel once with my grandma and the couple next door were being very noisy, screaming oh and so on for hours. I told grandma that it was their TV, stuck in my earplugs. Awkward yes but we got thru it.
            Can't reason with the unreasonable.
            The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

I've known people who applaud and cheer at the end of the performance when their hotel neighbors get frisky, especially if the walls are thin.
              I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
              - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
              - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                I've known people who applaud and cheer at the end of the performance when their hotel neighbors get frisky, especially if the walls are thin.
                I like that one. I'll file that for future reference.
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                  I suppose the right answer isn't 'Either keep the noise down or let me join in'.... )
                  For two nights a week, my security guard is a doughy, diabetic retired prison guard... but for the other two nights a week, my security guard is a green-eyed Latino in his early 20's with tattoos, wavy black hair and an ass you could base a major religion off of. Twice now I've had to deal with guests who I was sure were trying to get him to come to their rooms for, shall we say, less than "pure" motives. That poor thing... he's so young, and I really wonder what he'll do if he ever actually is presented with that situation. Unfortunately he hasn't learned to become jaded yet.
                  Last edited by Antisocial_Worker; 04-18-2015, 07:37 PM.
                  Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Wait wait wait...2 nights in a row, 40 minutes each night? Where can I find me one of these Mennonite men???

Comment

Treat it like a regular noise complaint. You don't want them getting too frisky, especially if children stay there, too.
                      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth registerrodeo View Post
                        Wait wait wait...2 nights in a row, 40 minutes each night? Where can I find me one of these Mennonite men???
                        Which one of the two did you want :P
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                          If the walls are thin enough for you to clearly hear the frisky couple, how about waiting for them to finish and then yelling (loudly enough for them to hear it) "Cut! That's a print!" Let them wonder where the cameras are, and who's going to see the footage.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Or give them directions... 'Bang her head harder on the headboard,a little more thrusting...that's perfect....' Commentary on the technique will always go down well methinks

Comment

my security guard is a green-eyed Latino in his early 20's with tattoos, wavy black hair and an ass you could base a major religion off of.
                              I could really use a security guard around the house. For reasons.
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X