Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Oh, she's fine with getting her nails trimmed"...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth sirwired View Post
    My wife and I are both "cat people" but we are more than content to let a foster parent get the cat through the kitten stage. <snip>

At 6 mos, cats still have plenty of adorable energy, but if they've received proper supervision, they won't have litter box issues, they'll understand how to use the scratcher, and will know how to properly play with humans and other cats. And the foster parent can provide a description of the cat's personality, which you'd never get with a cat that went right from shelter intake to adoption.
    I've always gotten my cats as strays or from the shelter, with only one from a rescue (and actually she was my roommates cat that I adopted when my roomie lost interest in her). I enjoy kittens, and got Taz when she was four months old from the shelter. She had a LOT of energy, hence her name, but a very sweet personality. She's four years old now, and has mellowed a bit. She wasn't interested in cuddling much when I first got her, but has turned into quite the cuddle buddy of late.

She hates having her nails trimmed. Because my vision is so poor, I am very hesitant and careful, which means I don't get very far before she wiggles away. So I take her to the vet now to get it done. She'll cry but doesn't bite. She just tries to get away, and usually succeeds.

I do have litter box issues occasionally. She never pees outside the box, but will poo outside of it when she decides the litter is too nasty for her (which isn't very nasty at all, she's a priss).
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
      I do have litter box issues occasionally. She never pees outside the box, but will poo outside of it when she decides the litter is too nasty for her (which isn't very nasty at all, she's a priss).
      My mom's cat pees on her bed if his litter isn't clean enough. It has to be cleaned every day without hesitation, and he'll be right there waiting to use it the moment you're done.
      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
        My mom's cat pees on her bed if his litter isn't clean enough. It has to be cleaned every day without hesitation, and he'll be right there waiting to use it the moment you're done.
        Some cats will pee in places other than the litter box as a sign of anxiety, or so I've heard somewhere.

Or when they get mad at you and want revenge. . . . years ago I had to replace 2 Epson Color Stylus printers and a desktop PC keyboard because of a cat named Zoey.

So our saying now is someone "Zoeyed" it, it means it's been peed on.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          Some cats will pee in places other than the litter box as a sign of anxiety, or so I've heard somewhere.
          I've never met a less anxious cat in my life (except when the doorbell rings, he hates the doorbell). He's just picky about his litter.
          The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
            My daughter used to have a cat who would leave presents right outside the litter box if it wasn't cleaned often enough.
            "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

I've had cats who would leave protests like that.

I guess if you can't make or carry a picket sign, you communicate displeasure how you can.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                I've had cats who would leave protests like that.

I guess if you can't make or carry a picket sign, you communicate displeasure how you can.
                Gives a new meaning to the term "piss on you."

Did I mention the female Manx that would pee on the stove elements? Let's just say burning cat pee is a smell all its own . . .
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Did I mention the female Manx that would pee on the stove elements? Let's just say burning cat pee is a smell all its own . . .
                  Blech

Evil Empryss used to have a cat named Snowball. He was a cranky old bastard (he lived to be 22, was 18 when I first met him, EE had him since he was a kitten) and didn't like most people (liked me, though).

EE gets sent off to Texas for two weeks for a training course. When she gets back, she finds a few presents in her shoes

Yeah, he was pretty upset she was gone for so long.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I know that one. Still can't decide whether that beats out "week-dead human body" for "worst smell ever experienced".
                    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                      I know that one. Still can't decide whether that beats out "week-dead human body" for "worst smell ever experienced".
                      It scares me to know you know what that smells like.

Comment

Roughly 15 years ago, it was realized that no one had seen my upstairs neighbor for over a week. Come to find out he had been deceased for about that length of time (we did later find out it was natural causes, he'd apparently gone to bed and simply never woke up).

When his apartment was opened (in February), the smell kept the building manager from being able to go more than about halfway up without serious nausea problems (she was pregnant at the time).

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                          Roughly 15 years ago, it was realized that no one had seen my upstairs neighbor for over a week. Come to find out he had been deceased for about that length of time (we did later find out it was natural causes, he'd apparently gone to bed and simply never woke up).

When his apartment was opened (in February), the smell kept the building manager from being able to go more than about halfway up without serious nausea problems (she was pregnant at the time).
                          That happened to two of my uncles by marriage on my dad's side. One was found by my aunt and cousins (she'd taken the two girls to the beach for a week while my uncle was working.) Found in his recliner, remote beside him on the table - gone.

Second uncle to be found dead had been in failing health for some time and my aunt (next oldest in family to Dad, who is the baby) had moved out a few months earlier and into her own place.

One of the kids called the house on New Year's Day to talk to him and got no answer. Cousin went to the house and found him.

Comment

That happened to two of my uncles by marriage on my dad's side. One was found by my aunt and cousins (she'd taken the two girls to the beach for a week while my uncle was working.) Found in his recliner, remote beside him on the table - gone.
                            Something similar to that happened to a former co-worker of my husband's. He'd gone hunting for a long weekend and when he came home, he found his wife had passed away in the recliner that first night (he knew because she'd told him she'd be ordering pizza from a specific restaurant that 1st night, and there was a pizza with only one slice missing right there next to her).
                            Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 05-10-2015, 06:56 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote tag

Comment

Working...
                            X