This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Management Finally Gets a Clue

This seemed like the best place for this, if not please move it.

I was reading Antisocial_Worker's thread on being accused of racism (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...d.php?t=110612) in an apparent attempt to get free stays and Wolfie's excellent advise about "firing" unprofitable customers. And this gave me an idea.

Management finally wises up that some customers aren't worth keeping. When a complaint is filed it is looked at carefully:

Has this customer filed complaints before? And if so are they excessive?
    Do the complaints seem valid or just a way to get freebies?
    Did the staff send prior notice that a bogus complaint will be coming their way? (It would help if the staff immediately forwards notice that a complaint may be forthcoming and give their side of the story.)

It's important that in the "he said - she said" argument that staff is believed over the customer.

If the complaint is valid then ok, if not then the customer's record needs to be carefully looked at:

Filing too many complaints?
    Making wild accusations?
    Getting too many freebies?
    Not doing enough business with company to insure a profit?

If any or all of the above then sucktomer gets a letter suggesting that since it appears obvious business cannot satisfy them it would be in their best interests to go elsewhere. If on the border of being unprofitable then a letter suggesting the same and implying that if the complaints continue then they will be asked to move along.

Yeah, this is going to happen - NOT! Management has $$$ in their eyes and no customer is a money pit. And they'll believe the sucktomer over their own people.

Still, it's a nice dream...

That's not just a dream. The director for my department put on the yearly roadshow and one of the things he went into was how we were 'removing' unprofitable customers. We supply TTV and HS. He said that less than one percent of our customer base make up a HUGE percentage of our calls to repair. So they took a hard, hard look at those calls... some of them had legitimate issues but most were just dicks. Channel surfers who kept complaining about 'latency' when they were CLICKCLICKCLICK'ing at insane rates. People who complained about pixilation no one else could see. And we kept sending out techs, which is expensive and wasteful. So the company began putting notes on the accounts that there would be no more tech visits and if they didn't like it? Go somewhere else. Please.

I bet a few of them did and good riddance.

Comment

We have no qualms firing unprofitable customers. Mostly it's for late/later/latest payment, insulting our sales staff or playing stupid games. Low order volume isn't much of a problem, as long as they pay on time were fine with them, we even let them pick up the stuff and pay cash. These guys are surprisingly low maintanance and quite loyal.
      No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

IIRC there was a phone company that made a media show about that back in the '90's. It does happen.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

It does indeed. IIRC there was some airline CEO who wrote back to a chronic complainer and suggested he find another airline to torment fly.

I just wish it was the norm and not as rare as it is...

Comment

Urban legend, eltf.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
              Oh well...

Comment

Working...
              X