Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DH and I wound up at McD's for breakfast today, and were pleasantly surprised by having our food delivered to our table, which is a higher level of service than one typically associates with McD's. They did get our order right, too (we were eating there, it wasn't drive-through).
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I rarely eat fast food..Burger King is my favorite. But of course, kids occasionally will beg for McDonalds if we are out so I sometimes give in and occasionally I will stop for a breakfast sandwich on my way to work, because that is honestly all I can eat without a daylong session in the bathroom (wtf is in their oil???). I have yet to find a McDonalds in Pittsburgh that is not staffed by incompetent, lazy, rude meth heads. It has gotten to be a joke among the people I know to share our horrific McDonalds stories because there is never a pleasant experience with the right food. For breakfast I order an egg and cheese McMuffin, just egg and cheese, no meat. I am very clear on this. 2 different McDonalds I can use in the mornings and neither can get it right. The price is never ever the same. I can be charged from .99- $4.75 (da fuq???) and I never ever get what I order right the first time, sometimes the second. This is all done at the counter so we can't blame bad speakers. I have gotten them with no egg, but cheese and sausage, no cheese but egg and sausage, only sausage, egg cheese and bacon, and one memorable time, a plain luke warm mcmuffin!!! I always open it at the counter and when I got the plain McMuffin I looked at the cashier and said "really????" She just gave me a blank stare and said isn't that what you ordered? I have a receipt in my hand that said it was supposed to be no sausage. I mean, it took her 4 times and a managers intervention to get it rung up right and they stiff fucked it up! And the one memorable time I ordered a hash brown with it and got something I think they fished out from under the fryer. Last time older daughter and I stopped before a concert to one in the downtown area (known for being raided as the managers and employees were dealing drugs) and she got a cheeseburger and fries, during dinner rush and everything was cold and the fries were dripping grease. When my daughter can't eat the food, it is bad (we don't say she is a bottomless pit for no reason) I said no more.

Comment

The RedHairedGirl chain back in NOLA was notoriously bad. Many, like myself, refuse to use their drive-thru windows, where they apparently have something like a 50% accuracy rate, if experience is any indication. Even worse, there was one time when I went in and had to wait ten minutes to place an order (I think I eventually left, it was years ago)...with ONE person ahead of me. Said person was a BFF of the cashier, so they spent the entire time chatting with each other.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I've experienced ordering problems myself.

At the movie theatre

The most recent one was at the concession stand of the local movie theatre. I ordered a Sprite to go with my hot dog and nachos. The girl asked me if I wanted a Coke. No, not Coke, Sprite. I can't have caffeine, so no Coke, please, not even Diet Coke.

She sent the Dog and Nachos order to the Outtakes counter (another concession stand where the hot food is prepared), but asked me again if the drink I wanted was Coke.

No, not Coke. I never said Coke. I said SPRITE! Though I didn't yell "Sprite".

She gave me the Sprite I ordered. I'm thinking that she must have been tired.

At Montana's

We were having a birthday party for three people at Montana's last week. Now, Montana's is a sit-down restaurant, not a fast food place. I ordered a Bacon Mac and Cheese with a Chorizo Sausage as an entrée, and to start, a pot roast soup.

Time passed by. Everyone who ordered starters got theirs, except for me. Where was my soup?

Then, my entrée comes in, but without the sausage. Turns out that the guy next to me also ordered the same entrée, but not sure if he also ordered the sausage. Sure enough, he was eating his entrée with the sausage. In short, it seems like he was eating my order! I was fuming inside. Where was my sausage, I asked? I finally get the sausage soon after my soup came. That's right. My starter came AFTER the entrée!

Speaking of my soup, the waitress told me that they were out of pot roast soup. No problem, just order the chicken noodle soup. Later, she told me that they were out of chicken noodle soup. The only option was the Mexican chicken taco soup, so I order that. And when it came out, it wasn't hot in terms of heat, but the spiciness made up for it.

When the bill came, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the waitress has taken my soup off the bill because of all the troubles we've had with it! No mention about the late sausage, but that's OK.

Which brings me to the last story

Golden Griddle

This happened to a friend of mine, namely, one of the birthday people from the second story.

He ordered something, and a friend of the birthday boy (not one of the aforementioned birthday people) ordered something else. When the food came, the orders were mixed up and she ended up eating his food! The poor guy was none too happy about that!

I forgot what happened afterwards, but we did reminisce about that when we celebrated his birthday at Montana's in the second story.
          Last edited by cindybubbles; 04-27-2015, 07:15 PM.
          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
            ... she ended up eating his food! ...
            If you're going to eat mine, you'd better just continue...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The King of Burgers here is ok (not sure how they are on the drive through...no car) but they usually get it right. Keep in mind the speakers at the drive through suck no matter how slowly you speak. If anyone on the other end has even a slight hearing problem they can't hear all of what you're saying. Doesn't make consistent bad service ok though.

Red Roof Pizza here doesn't show up for 90 minutes, with a stone cold pizza, and expects you to be grateful. We use the app for Dice Pizza on the rare occasion we can afford to go with delivery rather than walking across the street to Mini Roman Emperor Pizza. Dice Pizza has never gotten it wrong so far and they show up quickly.
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Scary clown chain...LOL. They don't shortchange me, jsut get my order wrong...once. They had someone who couldn't speak English well...never saw her again there. I never check and I got a 2allbeefpattiesspecialsaucepickleonionsonasesamebu n. Yuck.
                There is only one BK in my city, and their burgers are raw and fries cold. I never go there.
                Mostly I go to Gwendy's. I like their fries. Better than scary clown's.
                Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Working...
                X