This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was totally not expecting THAT

So I wound up having not one, not two but three interviews yesterday. All for different companies. One was for a private training school (that caters to international students), the other two were legal related.

The second one I got some amazing feedback on. She basically stated that for the position I was applying for through her (it was a recruiter) it was a little bit too much for me but she would keep my resume in mind for other opportunities. So fairly standard response, however, she then said that the only thing holding me back was administration experience. My skills were excellent, it was just the experience. So good outcome, even if I didn't get the job,

The third interview however, started off well. One of the paralegals interviewed me and towards the end she got up and said that she'd see if the principal lawyer was in (there's 3 lawyers and five support staff for this firm and I'd be doing receptionist/admin work here). Turns out he was. He got right to the point and said that Im definitely on his "good" list and that he may consider me vs two other candidates as he valued intelligence and a couple of other things. The big positive was that he was the ONLY person I've encountered so far who was able to recognise that the skills I picked up from childcare could transfer elsewhere.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Quoth fireheart View Post
    The big positive was that he was the ONLY person I've encountered so far who was able to recognise that the skills I picked up from childcare could transfer elsewhere.
    I would think this would be a highly transferable skill... Especially with lawyers.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
      I would think this would be a highly transferable skill... Especially with lawyers.
      Dammit, I can't laugh when I'm sick! also this position was probably the lightest of the three I had that day as its standard receptionist duties and running errands.

I also had an interview for earlier this week where I had to do a test and then a chat. The test had a small mix of things, with one exception. Creating a graph with no numerical data. I had a feeling there was some method to it that would've gone quicker, but I have to work it out. Maybe I could convince work to let me have some data (basically it was like "can you show us where students are finding out about us" and I had to filter through all of the data to get my answers.)

[Edit]:

So the gods must've been looking down and decided that I've done something right, because guess who got a job offer?!

This is for the school position that I had with a performing arts school (think Fame).
      It's a small school, around 100 students...so I go back into dealing with angry parents, but at least I'M not the one they're complaining about!
      Last edited by EricKei; 04-24-2015, 01:06 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Comment

Congratulations! I'm glad things worked out for you.
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
          Congratulations! I'm glad things worked out for you.
          Thanks! I start on the 1st May, so I have a few days to be able to get a replacement and bring them up to speed. If it's someone brand new, I've kinda gotta give them the tour.

Although I think the department I'm in is gonna haaaaate me now. I'm apparently their "star."

Comment

Conga Rats!!!!! Break a leg, FH!

"For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
              Thanks! I start on the 1st May...
              M'aidez! M'aidez! M'aidez!
              Last edited by dalesys; 04-24-2015, 01:51 PM. Reason: more more more
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                Conga Rats!!!!! Break a leg, FH!

thanks!

The only catch is that it's 4 days/week, but that gives me an extra day to do things like run errands and whathaveyou. I also remembered that I was basically "out" to him in the interview about my anxiety disorder and I STILL got hired in spite of that. So that's a massive boost.

Comment

Working...
                X