This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying Expedia Rep

Sometime people from Expedia call me and tell me to change their reservations around. Usually it's cancellations. I love cancellations so I have no problem. Our cancellation policy is to charge them if they cancel within the day of arrival, but like I said I love cancellation so I usually waive the fee. Unless they do what they did here.
    So Expeida Rep (ER) tells me to cancel Ms. Can't Make up My Mind's reservation for today. I say ok. Note that I have a line of people in front of me so I wanted to wrap this up quick.

Me: So your cancelled number is ####, and it's cancelled.

ER: Are you SURE?

Me: Yes I'm SURE.

ER: What is your name?

Me: HM

ER: What is your last name?

Me: *tells*

ER: Are you SURE that you won't charge for this cancellation.

Me: *sigh* Yes I'm SURE.

ER: Hmmmmmm.....*long doubtful pause* What was cancellation no. again?

So FINALLY she hangs up after reconfirming yet AGAIN that the customer's reservation is cancelled and that there won't be any charge. I would've hung up earlier but like I said, I LOVE cancellations so I'm in a good mood, just a little annoyed. I take care of the line if front of me, and then the phone rings again. Guess who?

Er: Hi agian, so Ms. CMUMM says that she'll be there after all, can you cancel her cancellation?

Me: *facepalm* No she'll have to book it again thru you guys

ER: Well how about I send you a fax

Me: Oh ok fax number's #####

ER: Ok, can you check to see if it arrived

Me: Yes it did and everything seems to be in order

ER: Are you SURE?????

Me: Yes I will make a new reservation

ER: Are you SURE ????

Me: Yes I'm sure good bye!

Geez she's acted like I didn't know what I was doing or I was lying my pants off. Annoying Expediabrats! I want to charge them extra just for being annoying, should I?
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

I haven't had that annoying Expedia rep yet. They all ask for my last name however, I don't feel comfortable giving it out, so they just ask for the last initial. I'm fine with that.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
      ER: Are you SURE?????

Me: Yes I will make a new reservation

ER: Are you SURE ????
      "What, you think I'm too stupid to know how to do my job?!" Gah! I hate those "are you sure" people! It's so condescending! "Are you SURE?!?!" "Nothing in life is sure, except for the fact that you're a snobby jackass!"
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Grrrr Expedia, okay mostly I hate the % of commission they take but still.

How sweet would it have been if you had managed to sell the last room before she rang back.

Comment

Annoying Expediabrats! I want to charge them extra just for being annoying, should I?
          Are you SURE?

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

"ARE YOU SURE????"
            Oh no I just lost it, youll have to send it again!

Comment

Doesn't Expedia still charge the customer for the cancellation, regardless of whether you waive the fee? If so, then I say charge Expedia the cancellation fee.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I didn't realize Expedia had reps who did stuff like this. I haven't traveled recently, haha.

Wow, I've never had someone ask for my last name. I would refuse to give it, in retail they don't have any need for that information.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  I haven't had that annoying Expedia rep yet. They all ask for my last name however, I don't feel comfortable giving it out, so they just ask for the last initial. I'm fine with that.
                  My last name is long and hard to spell so I just give out Smith or Jones. Just call me a rebel!

As far as I know, Expedia doesn't charge for cancellations. They usually say that the customer has to call the hotel and have the hotel waive the fee. I guess the customer was really pushy so Expedia called us. My CW says that Expedia has to cancel the reservation, so maybe they changed it. Whatever, as long as it gets cancelled I'm fine!
                  Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                  The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

My last name is long and hard to spell so I just give out Smith or Jones. Just call me a rebel!
                    I've mentioned this before, but I loved the way MajorBank handled this. If we were asked for our last names, we gave out a fake last name based on our physical location and our supervisor. So if I said my name was Mathnerd Frost, then the Powers That Be would know that the person was referring to a Mathnerd who worked in Location A under supervisor 1. Since each supervisor only had a 8 or so reports, it made it pretty easy to figure out which Mathnerd was being referenced.
                    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Er: Hi agian, so Ms. CMUMM says that she'll be there after all, can you cancel her cancellation?

Me: *facepalm* No she'll have to book it again thru you guys
                      See, this was your mistake. I think your answer should have been "No, sorry, we just sold out."

After which you offer to pull the 'spare room' from 'out back' and charge triple rack rate for it.

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
                        See, this was your mistake. I think your answer should have been "No, sorry, we just sold out."
                        The first post I ever made on this site was about this very incident. My city was hosting the 2008 Democratic National Convention, so naturally all hotels were booked up and even with jacked up rates. We had one room left due to a cancellation. SC comes in and asks the rate. I tell her. She gets pissed at the high rate. Later on a polite customer comes in needing a room. I tell him the same rate and he agrees to get it without hesitation. Some time later the SC comes back after having looked all over town wanting the room. I told her that sorry, I had already sold the last room.
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                        X