This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cute kid sightings

Yesterday, a very cute 4-year-old boy sat next to me on the subway. His dad and I engaged in some small talk about him being a cute kid and all. He was busy playing games on his dad's phone when the subway stalled. An announcement over the PA said that the subway had mechanical difficulties

He turned to me and and said "What happened?". I told him that the subway was broken, and they're going to fix it.

The cutest thing he said was this: "Maybe the engine's broken!"

After the mechanical difficulties were resolved and the subway was running again, I told him that they fixed the subway.

He said: "I thought that the subway was broken!"

I said: "Yes it was, but they fixed it."

He said: "How?"

I said: "I don't know, but they fixed it."

What about you? Do you have any cute kid sightings?
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

I was at Japanese movie night recently (no, not always anime! 8p), and the couple who were running it had their three-year old tyke hanging out with them. They had been teaching him both English and Japanese all of his life -- I was able try out some of my rusty Japanese on him, which he seemed to like. About halfway through the movie, he came up to me and (in halting English - hey, he's 3!) very politely asked if he could sit next to me, to which I said yes.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Once while we were on vacation, my GF and I went to an amusement park and, against our better judgment, went on one of those "drop" rides. You know the kind-- it takes you up high, then drops you toward the ground, then shoots you back up, and down a few times. Even before we rode it, we didn't see why people liked it, and after riding it, we still don't see the appeal. But we gave it a try anyway.

While we were staggering away after riding it, we heard these two young boys talking.

Boy 1: "That was sick!"
      Boy 2: "Let's do it again!"
      Boy 1: "YEAH!"

The sheer enthusiasm they had about it was kind of endearing, and despite our nausea, GF and I couldn't help but burst out laughing at the exchange.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Saw an adorable kid on the bus the other day. Looked just like a pixie, red hair and freckles. Was just at the "hey I can make sounds but not say words yet" stage, reminded me of Boo from Monster's Inc.
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Once at a church fish fry, two boys about 8-9 years old walked past me. I caught a snippet of their conversation; the skinny one with glasses was saying, "So how do you like me now, ladies?"
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Working...
          X