Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Latest Art Obsession. Or, why has there been no Argasnark lately?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Latest Art Obsession. Or, why has there been no Argasnark lately?

Well, rest assured, I'm still employed and will have a fresh batch of dumb towing stories soon. But, the real reason I've been busy lately? I've been coming home from work and, well, working some more, on this:

http://img11.deviantart.net/31e5/i/2...a2-d8r5yvd.jpg

The story:

Centennial Valley Railroad GP-9 #108 waits out a brief spring thunderstorm that's blacked the skies a bit and left behind some puddles. Once warmed up, it will be departing with the MOW train for scheduled track maintenance up the line. As you can tell, 108 has seen a lot of miles (original build date? 1954!) , but it still keeps running. In fact, the CNVY was so desperate for engines at the time they bought it, they never painted out the old colors of the previous owner, Allegheny Rail. Maybe some day......

Took about a two weeks from conception to final draft. It's done freehand in Adobe CS6 with the airbrush tools, except for the lettering which was, well, the lettering tool.

I tried to get all the details just right, a level of devotion bordering on the insane since most people who will see it aren't railfans and won't notice any mistakes, I leave it up to the actual railfans on the site (which I know we have) to be the final judge.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

I'm not a huge railfan, but I can definitely say it's a work of art! Excellent work, Agrabarga!
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Very very nice.
      Meeeeoooow.....
      Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        Well, rest assured, I'm still employed and will have a fresh batch of dumb towing stories soon. But, the real reason I've been busy lately? I've been coming home from work and, well, working some more, on this:

http://img11.deviantart.net/31e5/i/2...a2-d8r5yvd.jpg
        That's great work, man!
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Very impressive! Good job!
          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
          X