This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth greek_jester View Post
    With fuel theft being a big thing in the recession for those of us without garages, I was very glad for my locking fuel cap (which came as standard with the car).

Of course, the bonus is that since the key needed to open it is the same as the key that turns the ignition, I can never again drive off without my fuel cap
    I have one from when I lived in El Paso. The joys of living on the border. Gas theft was rampant.

Mine is a different key from the door/ignition. It's silver and has the word "fuel" on it. Didn't stop me from once trying vainly for 5 minutes to open my gas cap with my brass mailbox key. In my defense, I had had a long weekend with very little sleep.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
      I have one from when I lived in El Paso. The joys of living on the border. Gas theft was rampant.
      Been to El Paso. Tried to order Chinease and got hung up on. Twice. Went with Dominos app. Every single person we met there (with the exception of one shop worker who appeared to be off the boat from Asia) was MEAN. Why is El Paso such a nasty city? I thought Texans were supposed to be polite? And we're from Colorado, it's not like we showed up with a Boston accent or something.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
        ... Why is El Paso such a nasty city? I thought Texans were supposed to be polite? ...
        Well... It is the *ass* end of Texas... <scurries away>
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I had a locking gas cap on my car back in College.

I went to Manhattan Christian College (Manhattan, KS). Our Campus (and men's dorm) was across the street from Aggieville (Kansas State Universities designated "lets get drunk and be idiots" spot ).

I got the locking gas cap to avoid things like Urine getting into my gas tank.
          I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Working...
          X