This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late night caller

Sunday night at the crappy little hotel I work at I received a call enquiring about a room. The caller wanted to put up his nephew who was coming in for a funeral.

He asked me about the rate and I deducted 20 bucks and was willing to give him our corporate rate of 79.99 (due to it being a funeral) He misheard me and stated "39.99?" and I said no - it is 79.99

Immediately he launches into a tirade about how that is too high and can't we do better? I am like - no sir that is the lowest I can go.

He argues some more and then tells me he had passed by the hotel earlier and no wonder we weren't so busy - due to our high rates.

He hangs up but I felt like telling him about how we were sold out all weekend starting from the previous Thursday night due to big college graduation weekend. In fact our owner was charging at least 40 to 70 more per room - and (get this) people paid.

Another one wanting a posh suite at a flophouse rate....getting what you pay for somehow doesn't resonate with SC's
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth figgyx View Post
      He asked me about the rate and I deducted 20 bucks and was willing to give him our corporate rate of 79.99 (due to it being a funeral) He misheard me and stated "39.99?" and I said no - it is 79.99

Immediately he launches into a tirade about how that is too high and can't we do better? I am like - no sir that is the lowest I can go.
      Maybe next time quote the $99.99 rate. When the SC complains about it being too high, then you offer him the discount and he feels like he got a deal (or not, you know how SCs are).
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

It's a common occurrence that I get yelled at because the price is higher than what a SC is wiling to pay. Makes no sense. I get that everyone has different budgets, but yelling at people is not how you solve problems.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

$80?? I'd take that deal! People are dumb.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Happens all the time at the hotel I work at.

Me: The rate is $69.99 plus tax.

SC: That's too much. I'll pay you $40 for the room.

Me: Wonderful! Who will be paying the rest? I'll need to get that taken care of before I can give you the room keys.

Comment

Quoth Mriswith View Post
              Happens all the time at the hotel I work at.

Me: The rate is $69.99 plus tax.

SC: That's too much. I'll pay you $40 for the room.
              Your's truly (behind SC): I'll take it if that cheap doesn't want it.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

We had to go to Idaho (beautiful state and lovely people) and checked into a hotel. I was crying because we were there for my Dad's funeral, so hubs was doing the check in thing. The clerk looked worried because I was crying and asked if everything was OK. When hubs told him why we were there, the clerk gave him a great rate on a very nice room.

When we got the customer satisfaction survey in the email, I typed "I love clerk and want to marry him and have his babies." Hubs said not to send it, he's such a party pooper at times. Then I typed "Everyone was wonderful and clerk was kind enough to give us a discounted rate even though we were there on short notice because we were burying my father."

Hubs said to not send that one either because he was worried that clerk would get in trouble.

Was he right? I certainly wouldn't have wanted to get clerk in trouble.

I ended up using a pretty generic reply, "The room was very nice, the staff were wonderful and clerk was very helpful."

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                  We had to go to Idaho (beautiful state and lovely people) and checked into a hotel. I was crying because we were there for my Dad's funeral, so hubs was doing the check in thing. The clerk looked worried because I was crying and asked if everything was OK. When hubs told him why we were there, the clerk gave him a great rate on a very nice room.

When we got the customer satisfaction survey in the email, I typed "I love clerk and want to marry him and have his babies." Hubs said not to send it, he's such a party pooper at times. Then I typed "Everyone was wonderful and clerk was kind enough to give us a discounted rate even though we were there on short notice because we were burying my father."

Hubs said to not send that one either because he was worried that clerk would get in trouble.

Was he right? I certainly wouldn't have wanted to get clerk in trouble.

I ended up using a pretty generic reply, "The room was very nice, the staff were wonderful and clerk was very helpful."
                  I agree with your hubby on the second... better safe than sorry. However, the first made me Wish you'd sent that!

Comment

Working...
                  X