This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hangin out in the ER...

Waiting for sis to find out if it's indeed her gallbladder causing trouble. Most likely is. Runs in the family.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Mine, too. I'm just glad she has health care so they can help her if it is.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Hope she's okay quickly. *gives cookies*
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Good luck.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

So, yeah, seems youngest sis is following the fine old family tradition of bad gallbladders.

Doctor told her not to eat ANY fat until she has it removed, "including chocolate."

Sis said, "Kill me now."

She saw the surgeon today and was told go easy on certain foods and as long as she doesn't have any severe pain, she can put off the surgery for couple of months. See, she starts a new job on Monday and the timing is just bad - new healthcare won't kick in until July 1.

Comment

On the plus side, they no longer have to do the side 'just gut me now and get it over' incision unless there is something preventing them from doing it laparoscopically. One guy I worked with over at Oakleaf had his gallbladder go evil and ended up with the huge 6 inch slice in his side and he was sidelined for about 4 weeks, and on half days for another couple weeks. Those took a long time to recover from. The lap version I understand is much easier on the body and you are generally back in the swing of things in 3-4 weeks tops.

I hope it doesn't get fractious until after the 4th weekend, it would suck to miss one of the year's fun holidays!
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I had mine taken out four years ago. They did laparoscopy. I was out of work for less than two weeks. ��

Comment

Other than trouble eating (which persists even now, 6 months later), I was up and about feeling normal and resenting the fact that I wasn't allowed to drive after about 5 days.

I hope she makes it until her insurance kicks in!
                At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                  Other than trouble eating (which persists even now, 6 months later), I was up and about feeling normal and resenting the fact that I wasn't allowed to drive after about 5 days.

I hope she makes it until her insurance kicks in!
                  Me too! Now I have to figure out where we can eat out for my birthday without putting her in the way of temptation (in the form of fettucine alfredo ). There's a sort of coffee shop/smoothie bar that does some decent food...and that would keep me out of the way of temptation, too (any pasta )

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                    On the plus side, they no longer have to do the side 'just gut me now and get it over' incision unless there is something preventing them from doing it laparoscopically. One guy I worked with over at Oakleaf had his gallbladder go evil and ended up with the huge 6 inch slice in his side and he was sidelined for about 4 weeks, and on half days for another couple weeks. Those took a long time to recover from. The lap version I understand is much easier on the body and you are generally back in the swing of things in 3-4 weeks tops.

I hope it doesn't get fractious until after the 4th weekend, it would suck to miss one of the year's fun holidays!
                    I had mine out on Halloween. It was a Friday, too. Monday morning I went back to work. 2 hours later I went back home. It was just too much.

I was out 2 weeks and still not feeling great when my dad got sick. I was then out for two more weeks as Dad died a week later and I had to go home and help Mom.

The only good thing was I was finally feeling back to normal by the time I finally went back to work, and there were only a couple of weeks left in the semester.
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                    X