X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Night Plans

Scene : Wally World SCO's 10 pm

Character : 20 something guy in line in front of me

His Purchases : One bed pillow, 2 packs of candles (scented type), and a bag of Snausages

Me: <in my head> hmmm, what kinda kink is he up to???

What's a snausage?
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
      What's a snausage?
      C.M.O.T Dibbler sells them...

...for human consumption...
      Last edited by dalesys; 05-09-2015, 01:35 PM.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
        What's a snausage?
        If you're on "roundworld" instead of Discworld, it's a brand of dog treat.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

The charitable interpretation is he has someone coming over for a romantic night and wants to keep fido quiet. The uncharitable interpretation also involves a romantic night...
          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I'm such a bummer, you guys. You see, when I go to a store for just a couple things, (not a "stock-up" trip) nothing I buy will be in any way related to each other. Maybe I've been amusing cashiers for years and had no idea? So anyway, I assume he needed a new pillow, and also felt like some candles, and a treat for his dog. Am I just the most unimaginative person in the world?
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Dog peed on the old pillow, candles are for the smell, and treats are for training?
              The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

nar - There is a remote possibility that there could be a vague, outside chance that we may be the tiniest bit jaded
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Me? Jaded? Most likely...

I know I have laughed at some random purchases I have made, wondering if the cashier was wondering why I needed a phone cord, duct tape, and garbage bags.

Comment

I've been told that I'm very literal. I guess my mind doesn't make the jump from "someone is buying these things" to "huh, that is an odd combination of items, what could he need them all for?" I recently bought butter and tampons and plastic wrap in the same transaction... That was the time no one would come help me at the SCO. Maybe now I know why...
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth registerrodeo View Post
                      Me? Jaded? Most likely...

I know I have laughed at some random purchases I have made, wondering if the cashier was wondering why I needed a phone cord, duct tape, and garbage bags.
                      And I wonder how many folks saw that and thought they may at some later point see you on a episode of "Snapped?"
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Why am I feeling inspired to go out and buy a bunch of unrelated items? Maybe we should turn it into a contest of some sort. Better yet, a reality show.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          Why am I feeling inspired to go out and buy a bunch of unrelated items? Maybe we should turn it into a contest of some sort. Better yet, a reality show.
                          This Devil's Panties strip seems appropriate...
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                          X