X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS (customer service) Sucks!

I'm prett y pissed off!

SO, I was right. That Ms-I'll-Come-Whenever-I-Want-And-You'll-Be Grateful-For-It SC (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...d.php?t=110687) from a little while ago really did complain about me. Said I was 'a little rude' to her. So the manager is threatening to me make watch more customer service video. NOOOOOO

I think the problem is...I'm not a good enough actor. I always smile at the customer and am polite but sometimes they don't see it becuz they're too tired, or oblivious or drunk or all three. Also, this:

What Happens If I'm Too Smiley:

Me: *smiley* Thank you for Checking in, here's your room keys.

SC: Can I get a late checkout at 2pm?

Me: *smiles* Sorry, the latest checkout is at 1 pm.

SC: *argues*

Me: *Smiles* Sorry

Me: Sorry

Me: * Sorry

SC: *finally gives up and goes away*

Me: Next please?

New SC: *Annoyed expression cuz s/he had to wait so long* Hmph! Give your best room and it better not be facing the highway!

ANd so on.

What Happens When I'm NOT Smiley But Polite

Me: Thank you for checking in, here're your room keys.

Custy: Can I get a late checkout at 2 pm?

Me: No, sorry, the latest is 1 pm.

Custy: Ok! *leaves*

Me: Next please?

Other Custy: Checking in?

See the diffrence? One has to be tough or else these people will walk all over you. Which one is better, having one person mad or multiple?

I guess I'm just a very serious person. Serious about work, that is, and people think that I'm unfriendly. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Do you suffer from Resting Bitch Face? I do...
    My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

How about this one, then - the security guy where I work (the one who's there most, anyway) got told by one of the managers yesterday that he doesn't smile enough at the customers.

He told the manager 'I'm security, not a greeter. I'm there to deter theft, not kiss ass.'
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I dunno, security guy should try smiling...nothing sticks in your mind like a security guy with a big grin. Makes you think he can read your mind
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Marmalady, I like your security guy!
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth CoffeeMonkey View Post
            According to one set of bosses, I have resting grumpy face, concentration grumpy face, trying to remember 1000 things grumpy face and just generally grumpy face.

Even when I was happy and bouncing around like the squirrel in Over the Hedge, I apparently looked grumpy.

Then a staff member complained that I was smiling when I said hello one day and it made me look deranged.

Sometimes you just can't win.
            A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Smiling may or may not work for security, but greeting customers IS known to cut down on shoplifting. When customers know you know what they look like they're less likely to suffer from sticky finger syndrome.
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth CoffeeMonkey View Post
                I guess I do, I've had people flee from me. Not all but every once in a while.
                Plus my lower lip is bigger than my top one, so it look like I'm pouting all the time.
                It's so hard to look perky for 8 hours! Especially overnight!>_< >_O

BTW, my security guard is 300 lbs, 6 foot tall man. When he smiles he looks very scary LOL
                Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Having read all your comments, I'm going to tell our security guy to try smiling

He's ex-military. I bet he can do scary smiles.
                  Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

This sums it up perfectly
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Every so often Shithead will tell me "you don't smile enough". I just don't smile on command, if I do it looks way fake. I may not be perky, but I'm pleasant enough and efficient.

According to P (PT shift lead who is only staying until she can get her pension from the town, we keep each other sane) my customer service skills are fine. I just have a low tolerance for bullshit, scammers and thieves.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                        I just don't smile on command, if I do it looks way fake. I may not be perky, but I'm pleasant enough and efficient.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buZZyUBwymA
                        Something like that?
                        Last edited by TheSHAD0W; 05-16-2015, 08:50 PM.

Comment

I have to smile.all.the.time at work. I can play Perky Patty quite well, but because I have shit thrown at me all the time, I am sometimes walking thru the community with what I have been told is a scowl..just me being deep in thought. Also I have been told that when I am in a pissy mood, I have a scary smile.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                            Something like that?
                            More or less, yeah
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                            X