This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for a Beer!

Okay, CSers, I could use your help. I've been charged with organizing my friend's bachelor party, which, rather than strippers and drugs, will be all about rum tasting and bar hopping. As such, I've found a couple beers I want to give to him. One, which has his name in it, is being sent to me from Victory Sabre. I need your help with the other one.

It's called Elevated IPA, from La Cumbre Brewing in New Mexico, the groom's home state. (He lives here now.) I've never seen any of La Cumbre's products here, nor has Vic seen any of their stuff in his vicinity. If any of you live in an area where you can find this Elevated IPA, please let me know. I'd like to have you send me a six-pack or four-pack (however they come), and in return, I will send you some tasty Florida craft beer, or something else if you are not a beer fan. Hell, I can always just PayPal you the money for the beer and he shipping, if you prefer.

So, who here can find me part of my surprise present for the groom?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

beer!

I'll look at the local store here and let you know

Comment

I live in Colorado. I'll stop at the liquor store tonight and see if they have it. I would love something frosty and yummy picked out by you.
      What do you want for nothin'? R-r-r-r-r-r-rubber biscuit?": Blues Bros.

Comment

We have two potential contestants!

Awesome.

Some suggestions for Florida craft beer reciprocation if either of you find the aforementioned New Mexico beer:

Cigar City Maduro.
        Anything else from Cigar City.
        Due South Caramel Cream Ale.
        Anything else from Due South.
        Something from Funky Buddha.
        Something from Florida Avenue.

Feel free to research the above breweries, and other Florida breweries, and let me know what sounds good to you. If I can get it for you, I will.

Still A Customer."

Comment

...caramel...what? Seeeeeend me some!!!!

Comment

Quoth Sunshine View Post
            I highly recommend it. Really good beer, along with the Maduro.

Sadly, it looks like I'll be headed to Bismarck for my aunts funeral. I will check he liquor stores there, just in case.
            "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Sunshine View Post
              Due South Caramel Cream Ale. Utterly delicious. The first beer I ever tried by Due South Brewery, and fortunately for me, they make many other lovely, fine ales. As such, they have become one of my favorite breweries, and I rank them second only to Cigar City for Florida breweries. (Funky Buddha rounds out the top three Florida breweries, all three of which I would rate as great.)

A sixpack of this lovely beer (or something else of your choice) can be yours. All I need in return is the Elevated IPA mentioned in the original post.

Still A Customer."

Comment

I will look, and if I find it I'll trade you for some Cigar City Maduro or, if they sell it in cans/bottles, some of that cafe con leche stuff I drank last time I was in Key West.

ETA: Drats. I was hoping I was close enough. The brewery has a locator feature on their website that allows you to search for places that sell their beers within however many miles you select from your house. According to that search feature, nobody within 100 miles of me sells any of their beers.
                Last edited by mathnerd; 05-17-2015, 08:23 PM.
                At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Jester, do you have a Total Wine location near you in Key West? They would be the most likely place to carry that.

I know the store here carries just about anything that's produced, including any specialty beer or wine item you can think of.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I did a search, and it looks like it's only available in New Mexico. So it's up to the NM peeps.
                    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                      Jester, do you have a Total Wine location near you in Key West? They would be the most likely place to carry that.

I know the store here carries just about anything that's produced, including any specialty beer or wine item you can think of.
                      The nearest a Total Wine to Jester is on the mainland, and more than a three hour drive.
                      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                        The nearest a Total Wine to Jester is on the mainland, and more than a three hour drive.
                        That sucks.

Only other option would be to ship some in then. I can use my connections at work to find out where I can find that here (that brand isn't one that's currently authorized for the Litter Box to carry that I know of) and let ya'll know.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I'm in west Texas and have relatives in new mexico....unfortunately not anywhere near their locations.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post

They'll carry anything that (A) they can, and (B) that sells. If it doesn't sell, they'd have no reason to carry it. And if the brewery doesn't distribute to certain areas, TWs in those areas won't carry it.

As has already been noted, said beer is not sold outside of New Mexico, and I am a minimum of a three hour drive from the nearest TW.

As has also been said, it seems to be up to the NM folks now.....

Still A Customer."

Comment

Yep it's up to the NM folks. Couldn't find it in CO.
                              What do you want for nothin'? R-r-r-r-r-r-rubber biscuit?": Blues Bros.

Comment

Working...
                              X