This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the remote?

So at work they recently remodeled our movie theatre. It's got a shiny bright new projector, new screen, new Blu-Ray player, new sound system, new cushy theatre seats, new all the things! And all the new electronic things have remotes!

So last night a guest wants to watch a movie. So we go down and try to set it up, and I open the panel that has all the electronic things and...where are the remotes? Now I could set up everything manually except the projector, which was ceiling mounted and in standby mode. We needed a remote for that.

I had asked Security Manager to help me set it up since I'd never set up the new theatre on my own. We wandered the seat aisles to see if maybe it had fallen down somewhere. We went to Banquets office to see if they had it for some reason since a group had used the theatre recently. We could not find it.

Security Manager ended up calling IT at home. IT mentioned it was in a drawer in the panel with all the electronic things. We opened up the panel, and there was a drawer that blended so smoothly in that we didn't even realize it was a drawer. It was full of all the remotes. Right there, the whole damn time.

We won't live this one down for a while.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I always check the fridge first. Did you check the fridge?
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
      where are the remotes?
      I didn't take them.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Yesterday I spent a good 10 minutes looking for my Roku remote... Found it under my cat. *sigh*
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

My previous cat did something like that to me once, when he REALLY wanted my attention. Managed to take the TV remote AND my knitting hostage.
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Ah, cats! One evening I watched my cat walk in front of the TV carrying my wrist watch, which I had left on the dresser in the bedroom. Such fun!
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              Ah, cats! One evening I watched my cat walk in front of the TV carrying my wrist watch, which I had left on the dresser in the bedroom. Such fun!
              Puppies are fun like that as well. Years ago when Xanadu was a small pup, she had a habit of jumping up on the bed, reaching over to the nightstand and would take my cigarette pouch and run out the door with it.

She'd drop it off underneath one of the dining table chairs.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
              X