This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note: we don't say "aboot", unless we're talking about footwear
    Oh yeah? You should have heard the Canadian commercial that used to play on a local TV station in which the announcer talked about going "out and about in a boat."

Re: the bacon, that used to be called peameal bacon around here (right on the border).

Do you have the Peace Bridge on your list of things?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Since it's a library display,we will have some pictures of interesting libraries too after I found the wonderful Haskell Free Library in the brilliantly bonkers town of Derby Line VT/Stanstead QC where the border goes through the middle of the reference section and you can be arrested for walking out the wrong door...or indeed the wrong way down the road...
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

If you are interested in technology, ask about how IMAX was created ( here in Alberta IIRC)

Comment

I have only one thing to add: The Red Green Show.
          "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
          --StanFlouride

Comment

Oh and do you know why You Can't Do That On TV?
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

So here we are- Canadecorations We went for proper music-Neil Young,Tom Cochrane and kept it a Bieber-free zone...

Proved to be very popular-we had to keep replacing the books as they got borrowed.Amazing how many people said it was nice we were doing something different to the 4th July theme....

And no-one has offered what the quite nice boobs are for yet?
              Last edited by Kit-Ginevra; 06-30-2015, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                Oh and do you know why You Can't Do That On TV?
                Methinks Mme. Morrisette would be able to handle that question
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I prefer Mmmmotormouth :P

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                    You mean how the rest of the world calls it. (the term "Canadian bacon" is exclusively an American term)
                    I did not know that. Learn something new every day.

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                    And no-one has offered what the quite nice boobs are for yet?
                    Kinda curious myself. Not just because I like boobs....oh, wait. Yes, it is pretty much just because I like boobs.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quite Nice Boobs On Naughty Schoolgirls --------->
                      Quebec,New Brunswick,Ontario,Nova Scotia-the original provinces.

We prefer it to quiet nerds burping only near school

Comment

I can only imagine the American equivalent, since we had 13 original States.

If I recall correctly, the original 13 were Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Georgia, Maryland, Delaware, North Carolina, South Carolina, and New Hampshire. I'm sure someone will correct me if I screwed one of them up.

Yeah, good luck with a catchy phrase to remember those!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                        X