Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hated sales at my former job. The way it worked is we'd have stuff marked down. THEN maybe another 50% or whatever percentage off, the markdown price. So in the end, the price you'd pay could be more than 50% off the original price. And our signs might say "UP TO 60% off original price" I cannot tell you how many people, once you rung them up, or as you were doing so, would ask "so its 60% off right, or "what is 60% off?" thinking that was the additional percent off the markdowns.

Comment

Why not use the calculator? I've noticed that it shuts 'em up. It doesn't help when something is marked 60% off but they don't have the original price listed (like Jeers does). Grrrr.
      Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 05-21-2015, 06:49 PM.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
        Why not use the calculator? I've noticed that it shuts 'em up. It doesn't help when something is marked 60% off but they don't have the original price listed (like Jeers does). Grrrr.
        Because the problem with the brains, the reading comprehension, and the getting one's attitude in line with one's IQ.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          These days I don't know if people can't read or if they're just creatively misinterpreting signs to get what they want.

Not too long ago I ended up in a five-minute argument with some moron because they insisted the sign reading ".50 off" meant the item was 50 percent off.

Uh uh. Percent signs go after the number. It's fifty cents off. No, you do get half off because you don't know how to read.

Tell you what, we're really close to the eyecare center; why don't you pop in there for an eye exam?
          I had a customer try to tell me that the sign that reads "Clearance items can not be put on layaway" meant that clearance items could in fact be put on layaway. It is hard to tell whether they're dumb or just trying to pull a fast one.

Comment

Working...
          X