This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salon Cheapskate

Went to a beauty academy to get my hair done when this, ahem, lady comes in. She's got shoulder length hair in shades of color from fried wheatstraw on the top front to a deep dark brown in the back, with lovely hues of burnt orange in between. Basically, she's used box colors so many times that she's fried her hair and wants them to help fix the color to a single shade without having to cut her hair down to the roots.

Now anyone who's ever colored their hair on a regular basis knows that if you screw up your haircolor it takes hours in the chair with a stylist to fix it. Most places will charge at least $150 for color correction because of the time and materials it takes to do it right.

Anyway, she's there for four hours with two student stylists and an instructor working on her, and she's a total bitch the whole time, making snarky comments about the girls, their skills, and how long it was taking. The instructor even had to stop and give the lady what for about her attitude.

Well, when everything was said and done, and her hair was a more natural, very nice shade of brown, the lady started complaining about the $120 bill. She managed to argue them down to $65, a staggering discount for the service she just received, but she wasn't done yet. Oh no, this is when she got really sucky.

She whipped out a 50% off coupon!!!

I couldn't believe that the salon accepted it! I think they were just sick of her by that point and wanted her to GTFO. But wait, there's more!

She didn't tip any of the people who worked so long and hard on her hair. Not even at the discounted rate.

Man, there are two groups of people you just do not mess with: the people who handle your food and the people who style your hair. Both can seriously ruin your day!
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

I hope they ban this bitch
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Better yet, let the other stylists around know what she did. She'll be screwed the next time she fries her hair. What a bitch!!!

Comment

This was a beauty academy, so there were a good dozen students who saw how she was treating these girls. I'm betting that they'll all remember her should they meet her in their future careers. Word got around quick about how she stiffed the girls on the bill.

Comment

It's likely she went to a "beauty academy" because she figured it would be cheaper.

Unfortunately, she raised enough of a stink that she was right...
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

She's damn lucky that they only originally billed her $120 and that they were able to fix the mess she had made. I've heard horror stories from hair stylists I've known over the years where people have damaged their hair so much that not even protein fillers would stick in order to help hold the new colour. Frankly they should have just shaved her head and be done with it, especially in light of how much of a bitch the customer was.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
              I couldn't believe that the salon accepted it! I think they were just sick of her by that point and wanted her to GTFO.
              I think you're right about that, EE.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I guess they also thought she was an object lesson for the students: "You, too, may someday have to deal with this during your career. Here's how you handle it."
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

She's a very charming lady. Let's hope she never comes back.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                    She's a very charming lady. Let's hope she never comes back.
                    Something tells me if she does her experience won't be the same...

Why is it I suspect she has to go to a different salon every time because she acts like this and doesn't dare go back?

Comment

The fact they were even able to fix her hair after she ruined it so damn badly should have merited a goddamn 30% extra charge on top of the original $120 bill tbh. That shit takes so much time to fix!

I've had to get my own hair fixed once, cost me $200. Mines wasn't too bad - I needed to go from black to blonde to purple with a chin length hair, and it took hours. I was more than happy to pay since my stylist is frankly the best I've ever seen with unusual colour. But that's the thing - you expect that sort of thing when you're going to regularly change your hair colour. Bitching and moaning just guarantees you're gonna have a half-assed job done, and that your stylist will NEVER work with you again. I've seen women thrown out of my regular place for pulling stunts like this lady did.

Betting that lady is never going back there whether she wants to or not. Agreeing with Eltf too - she sounds like she's the sort of person that has to find a different place each time due to her snotty attitude.
                      Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                        Something tells me if she does her experience won't be the same...
                        Assuming she is allowed there in the first place.
                        Quoth eltf177 View Post
                        Why is it I suspect she has to go to a different salon every time because she acts like this and doesn't dare go back?
                        More likely she's banned...I certainly would.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I had to get my hair fixed once, too. It was the salon's fault, though, so they didn't charge me, which was nice of them. They tried a dark golden blonde shade on my hair, and it turned pumpkin orange! So, went back the next day and they re-dyed it light brown. Still, mistakes happen, life goes on. Don't be an ass and you'll be welcomed back.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                            Still, mistakes happen, life goes on. Don't be an ass and you'll be welcomed back.
                            Exactly. This is why I was there long enough to see the whole thing. The student who did my highlights didn't put the foils in tight enough so I had about half an inch of root showing. I was polite about it, but I insisted that I didn't want to leave looking like I already had three months of regrowth, so they were fixing their mistake (for free). Good attitudes got all involved a 20% tip -- each, since usually the students have to split any tips.

But Mooncat, I sincerely hope they weren't teaching the students that caving to unreasonable demands by the customer who has already consumed your services is how to do business. A quick call to the cops for theft of services is more appropriate.

Comment

Why not

A. go over the pricing beforehand to ensure everyone is clear on it (make them sign something.
                              B. Firmly state "no, the price is X, as you agreed to. Please pay or I will be forced to contact the police."
                              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
                              X