• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angry because I asked for ID

A couple came up to the front desk.

Me: "Welcome! How may I assist you?"
    Husband: *tosses an envelope full of paper my way*
    Wife: "No dear, that has lots of other stuff in it. Here." *tries to get the envelope*
    Husband: *snatches envelope away and rifles through the paper before pulling out a reservation confirmation which he hands to me*
    Me: "Okay great!" *skims reservation* "May I see some ID and a credit card please?*
    Husband: *wordlessly glares at me* *snatches reservation confirmation out of my hand* *throws the reservation confirmation at my supervisor standing at the workstation next to me* *turns around and storms out*
    Me, Wife, and Supervisor:
    Supervisor: *hands me the reservation confirmation*
    Me: *pulls up reservation* "Okay, so I see we're using a gift certificate. Do you have that?"
    Wife: "Yes, here it is."
    Me and Wife: *proceed with check-in process*
    Husband: *storms in, glares at me, and shows me his ID*
    Me: "Thank you. And may I please get a credit card for incidentals?"
    Husband: *throws credit card at me*
    Me: "Thank you." *finishes processing check-in* "Now you do have a $200 dining credit and..." finishes spiel.

I have no clue what this guy's deal was. His wife was fine (and was clearly unimpressed by his attitude by the side-eye glare she gave him). My supervisor was standing next to me and had no clue either.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

At least the wife had a clue. I do hope the room came with 2 beds because she probably didn't want him to sleep with her that night.

Comment

Is there such a thing as male PMS?
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
        Sounds to me more like a case of 'I don't want to be here (for whatever reason) and am going to take it out on whoever can't answer back'.
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
          well hormones always fluctuate... but im thinking here the story is someone did not want to be there and is blaming everyone and their mother for them having to spend a night or two with their wife in a hotel. someone is not getting hotel sex,

Comment

I would have "forgotten" to mention the dining credit, or anything else they normally would have gotten free. "Sorry, your 'tude gave me a Brain Burp! Hee hee hee!"

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
              'I don't want to be here (for whatever reason) and am going to take it out on whoever can't answer back'.
              That would be my take on thie attitude...major chip on the shoulder.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I hope his wife verbally ripped him a new one. There really was no excuse for his nastiness.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Nothing pisses me off more than a sucktomer who is angry and belligerent...and never talks to you once during their transaction. Jeez, at least do me the honor of letting me know why you're treating me like shit.

Comment

Supervisor

I love the fact that your supervisor was there to see his behaviour.

If he tries to complain later or tries to claim you were rude to him your supervisor will know the truth.

Question, does your supervisor have a backbone?

Comment

You know this type WILL complain. And agree, I hope your supervisor will back you up and not throw you under the bus...

Comment

Working...
                      X