Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What were you thinking when you asked for her credit card for incidentals?!

Clearly by following a policy hundreds of thousands of hotels have in place - you ruined all her plans of trashing a hotel room completely, making several $5.95 a minute phone calls, clearing out the minibar and not having to pay for it

Comment

So, out of nothing but sheer curiosity, what happens if you actually don't have a credit card? I'm not talking about "Oh, I forgot it", I'm talking about if you don't have one at all.

I'd say there are a number of people who don't possess credit cards. How are incidentals handled in that case? I'd guess debit card?
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
        So, out of nothing but sheer curiosity, what happens if you actually don't have a credit card? I'm not talking about "Oh, I forgot it", I'm talking about if you don't have one at all.

I'd say there are a number of people who don't possess credit cards. How are incidentals handled in that case? I'd guess debit card?
        I actually had one of those the other night. He didn't want to leave a credit card for incidentals because he wasn't sure there was any money in that account, and didn't want to overdraft.

Our solution? I held $20 from him in an envelope. $20 is what the hotel holds on an incidentals card, and I can't recall a time that anyone ever actually ran up any charged on such a card. In the morning he got his $20 back and went on his way, happy as a lark.
        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post

We treat credit and debit cards the same. It probably sucks more for a debit card user though. Got neither card? You're gonna need to cough up a $200 refendable deposit.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
          X