Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here is what can happen if they get hungry and you don't keep them fed often enough!

Cat's thoughts: What's this!? I think this might be...yes! This looks like it could be CAT FOOD...YUM!! *CHOMP!!!!*

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
      My dog once escaped from the family home after my little brother left the gate open. Luckily, she didn't go far and I found her at the playing field. Clever little mutt had gone straight to the place where she went for walkies every day. She was still wearing her collar and was chipped so had she gone further, she would have been trackable. My cat refused to wear a collar but was chipped.
      I have yet to have a cat who hasn't slipped out of a collar. I no longer bother. They're chipped, and with Taz I keep her indoors anyway.

Quoth Estil View Post
      And here is what can happen if they get hungry and you don't keep them fed often enough!

Cat's thoughts: What's this!? I think this might be...yes! This looks like it could be CAT FOOD...YUM!! *CHOMP!!!!*

Shortly followed thereafter by the cat learning to fly.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

No, the owner (like myself, and my feet are quite literally thin skinned...) would just be all like, "Kitty!! My feet are NOT cat food!!!" But yeah, don't be throwing the kitties, that's not nice.

Comment

I believe the flying cat would be an instinctive reaction to get rid of the cause of pain, rather than a deliberate act. At least the incident would be somewhat less painful than one I've read about a few times on humour sites.

Middle of the night, a guy's wife wakes him up to repair something about the kitchen sink that's not working. He puts on his bathrobe, and proceeds to work on the plumbing. His wife winds up explaining to the paramedics how he managed to get knocked unconscious - apparently the cat saw something moving, and pounced. The guy's instinctive jump brought his head into contact with the sink.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
            No, the owner (like myself, and my feet are quite literally thin skinned...) would just be all like, "Kitty!! My feet are NOT cat food!!!" But yeah, don't be throwing the kitties, that's not nice.
            It's not on purpose. When my cats have done this I have always been deeply asleep. The kick is instinctive and involuntary.

They've all forgiven me, and most of them don't do it more than once. Taz is a bit hard headed
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I did that to Allie once, also totally without being awake enough to form actual intent to kick her.

She did learn that nosing my face, then snuggling up and purring, is a much better method of waking me to serve the royal breakfast, and tends to result in a much less grumpy waitress.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Yeah can you believe how quickly cats will resort to cannibalism?? That's okay though my cat Jamiee is still my bestest buddy in the whole world regardless. Cats are man's real best friend ya know

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                  I did that to Allie once, also totally without being awake enough to form actual intent to kick her.

She did learn that nosing my face, then snuggling up and purring, is a much better method of waking me to serve the royal breakfast, and tends to result in a much less grumpy waitress.
                  One of our first cats thought it would be such a GREAT idea to walk up on my chest whilst I was in a deep sleep and proceed to MEOW loudly and paw at me. Instinct and dead asleep on my part did indeed teach said cat the art of kitty flight across the bedroom.

I have no problems (when I did have multiple cats) with them sleeping on me or around me. Get up in my face and I am not responcible for unintended flying lessons.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Some cats are reincarnated paratroopers and like to fly...

A friend had a battered tomcat that all the kiddies lurved... that had a hate-hate relationship with his dad who always slept with an arm across his chest...

because the cat would sneak up onto his chest and bat his nose with a pawful of claws...

Airborne! Crash!

Dad would bandage his nose, cat would limp around for a week...
                    Lather, Rinse & Repeat.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I can't allow our cats to sleep with us. Unfortunately, I am a light sleeper and none of our cats ever settle enough to let me sleep. I also got tired of waking to one of them flying because they decided to attack my hubby's feet. This cat is a glutton for flight, because he kept doing it. Well, he is named Dodo, the nearly extinct, often flighted cat of Arkansas. I guess he felt he had to live up to the name.
                      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                        I can't allow our cats to sleep with us. Unfortunately, I am a light sleeper and none of our cats ever settle enough to let me sleep. I also got tired of waking to one of them flying because they decided to attack my hubby's feet. This cat is a glutton for flight, because he kept doing it. Well, he is named Dodo, the nearly extinct, often flighted cat of Arkansas. I guess he felt he had to live up to the name.
                        It's the opposite thing with me. I'm generally not a light sleeper but I am a restless sleeper. Taz generally sleeps with me during the winter because I turn down the heat at night, but once summer comes I don't see her in the bedroom until she decides its time for me to get up

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                          I'm generally not a light sleeper but I am a restless sleeper. Taz generally sleeps with me during the winter because I turn down the heat at night, but once summer comes I don't see her in the bedroom until she decides its time for me to get up
                          My cat sleeps with me year round, but in the winter he gets pushy about where on the bed. He will burrow under the covers and sleep smooshed against my stomach or back, spoon-style. The problem with this is that it makes me not move the whole night. I might wake up with a back or neck ache because of this. I do appreciate that ever since he was a kitten he almost always sleeps the whole night, not like some kitties who get up to mischief at night, being nocturnal and all.
                          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

My favorite part of being a cat daddy is having him sleep with me in my bed...it's also really cute when they sense you're half awakeish in the early morning and they sit on top of you just staring right at your face with those big black eyes and just purring away

What's also really cute is when I go to the grocery store and kitty gets so sad and misses me so much that he will wait at the door in his "meatloaf" or "loaf of bread" position and when I come back he will greet me like that and barely gives me enough room to squeeze inside the house!

Comment

As it's been said, that manager is awesome.
                              I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
                              In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Working...
                              X