This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb questions....

Sometimes the surveys I have to fill in when I'm keeping my beady eye on you sales bods have plenty of space to fill in about the transaction.That's fine if it was something lengthy or difficult. When it's not,it becomes an exercise in writing the blindingly obvious. Take today's. Go to money changer. Change ££ into $$. Walk away happily.

So then we get questions like-how did they establish and meet your needs.

They asked what I wanted.I wanted $$.They gave me $$

How did they promote the transaction

They told me if I gave them £X,I would get $Y back

Did they point out the benefits of the transaction?

Yes-they told me if I gave them my grubby little ££ with doodles on the Queen,they would give me nice shiny $$ in return...

Did you feel that they satisfactorily met your needs?
    Yes-I wanted $$.I got $$.Not euros or francs or Zambian kwyjibos or shark's teeth...
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
    Did you feel that they satisfactorily met your needs?
    Yes-I wanted $$.I got $$.Not euros or francs or Zambian kwyjibos or shark's teeth...
    Oh, do they offer shark's teeth? I might need them for my upcoming trip to Atlantis.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I try to limit myself to only 7 "Gil-Level-Stupid Questions"tm per week.

My favorite was when I went to the local home improvement store and asked

"Would you accept payment in Gold or Silver? Yes, the precious metals."

Sadly, they did not. I was serious too, I even had 3 ounces of Silver on me.

I only ask serious "Gil-Level-Stupid Questions"tm questions. I also avoid asking these when they are busy.
      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

I've honestly been thinking of writing a little story about my D&D character popping up in the real world and, among other things, trying to pay for goods and services with her platinum ingots…

I think each ⅕ lb. bar would be worth 'bout $3,141.25? Oh, she wouldn't like that…
        "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Working...
        X