Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I worked at Awful-mart, we used to joke that a giant group of customers would hover in the back of the store, and as soon as they saw register lights turn off *trumpets* CHARGE!!! It would never fail at 11pm when it was time to go from 6 registers down to 2, everyone and their mother would rush up to the registers.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
      And it's happened at work as well. Soon as I get off from work everyone decides to come in at once, my co-workers and managers are giving me the stink-eye as I'm walking out the door.
      This bit happens to me all the time, except it's the customers giving me the eye as they watch me punch out.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

It sounds like a variation of the principle which states that there is no more attractive force in the universe to hotel guests than a desk clerk attempting to eat or use the toilet. It can be the middle of January, with no arrivals, no phone calls for the last six hours, and no traffic on the street outside but as surely as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, the instant your ass hits the pot or your fork hits the TV dinner, a tour bus will pull up outside.
        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Back at the store this happened all the time. Once the microwave dinged with your lunch you were swamped until your meal had cooled off enough to be unpalatable. Same with using the bathroom.
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

At the library, our version of this is that when it gets to about 15 minutes before closing, that's when our customers make a mad rush to the library to return their items.

Comment

Parenting version: go to use the toilet/make food/take a shower, the kid wakes up. I'm lucky though, I can make her wait two minutes while I finish my food, but customers don't wait.
              The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
                At the library, our version of this is that when it gets to about 15 minutes before closing, that's when our customers make a mad rush to the library to return their items.
                That's just the result of procrastination. I'll explain later.
                This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Every day at the C-Store, I swear. If I'm not doing any chores or clean-up, no one comes in. The second I even THINK about doing anything but standing behind the register, the store is full. It never fails!
                  "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
                  X