This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday kinda sucked

Some of you know that I turned 39 last Tuesday. As expected, my family took me out to dinner. But, because my parents are separating, this is the first birthday...without my dad being there. Sure, he gave me a card, but it's not the same
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

I get that better than I should. I was living with an aunt and uncle while my parents divorced and for several years afterward, and unbeknownst to me, they refused to let my parents see me, even turning them away when they showed up at the front door. My parents had to mail any presents they had even though they really couldn't afford to, and when they arrived a month late, I felt exactly the same way you do. It wasn't until a year after I left my aunt and uncle's that I found out what they were up to.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

I know it sucks not having everyone at an important thing like a birthday. But you could use it as a good reason to have 2 separate birthday dinners.

Can't decide where to eat: take Mum to one place and Dad to another.

Or if you share interests with one parent that the other didn't enjoy, you can do those things for your day/s. Eg: fishing with dad and fancier dinner with mum.

Just remember, while they may not like each other anymore it doesn't mean that they don't like you anymore.
      A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

We thought about doing that. But, he threw out a couple of excuses why. Plus, the last time he and I had dinner (shortly after he'd moved out, back in March), it was awkward. The entire time I was there, he wanted to bitch and moan about my mom. That was when I left.

He's been acting more and more bizarre. He's managed to piss off other family members and people we've known for *decades* with some of the things he's said, and how he's been treating my brothers.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I remember your other thead about your parents splitting up. I wish you the best. I do have to wonder, with what you said about his actions lately, if he is having some mental health issues.

Whatever happens, I wish you the best.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Hugs. It might sound stupid, but at least you're not 40 yet! (Just trying to interject some humor here.)
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
            X